Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Littlenog

Old February 27th, 2020, 08:09 AM
So this was bugging me for a while and today I decided to dig into why the House Agent Background was not working.

Here is what I found.

1st Under Tools > Show Editor
This will open up the Herolab Data File Editor

2nd Open Data File COM_5ePack_WGtE - Backgrounds.user
This is the file you need to edit so that the fields will populate.

3rd Goto the Top Tab Background (33)

4th Now you will need to edit Each Unique Id on the following tabs.

-Background Customer Ability (8)
-Bond (6)
-Flaw (5)
-Ideal (6)
-Personality Trait (5)

5th What you need to change is Available To Background(s)
-The Edit button should highlighted orange-

6th For the change to take effect you will need to click the Test button after you save for EACH item. This will compile it into Herolab. Their might be a more broad way but I do not know.

When you click the edit button what you will be doing is setting which background you want this choice to be visible to.

Right now for some reason they are set to the choice bck5CEbHACannith I have no idea what this is... It might have just been a placeholder that wasn't changed.

So now all you have to do is select House Agent from the list. And now House agent will have the option available. You'll have to do this for all choices on each of the above tabs. I'll finish editing mine then update this post with the modified file. You should be able to copy paste it into your directory. Assuming I can upload it as an attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: email COM_5ePack_WGtE - Backgrounds.user (18.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Littlenog; February 27th, 2020 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Update 6th line and added modified file.
Littlenog is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 27th, 2020, 09:04 AM
Wow. Very nice catch! This one's my fault, since I put together this version of the background. The Cannith-specific thing ID referenced is a holdover from an earlier version of this background, where there was a separate background for each house.

I modified the Cannith one to be the universal, all-house background. I don't even remember changing its ID. But I clearly did, which meant all those background features didn't point to the right place any more.

This will be fixed in the next update. I'll also upload the fixed version to the GitHub in case anyone wants to pull it down manually.

Good job!!

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old February 27th, 2020, 09:10 AM
Also, the quickest way to fix this for yourself is to open up that .user in Notepad or a similar program. Do a search and replace (Ctrl + H in Notepad, I think) and replace all instances of "bck5CEbHACannith" with "bck5CEbHsAg".

Save the file, reload Hero Lab (Ctrl + R), and you're good to go!

Littlenog, feel free to paste this into your OP for visibility. I really appreciate the time you took looking into this!

If you ever find a bug in the Community Pack, please share it with us on the GitHub issues board.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!

Last edited by Fenris447; February 27th, 2020 at 09:14 AM.
Fenris447 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote