Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
I am trying to take my heroes that I have created in Fight Club 5 and port them over to Hero Lab. Because I am using an iPad there is no "Ctrl-K".
Ahh ok this is located on the Character tab. That lets you turn sources on and off.

Using the URL you listed is the only way to get the Pack on the iPad.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 5th, 2016, 07:42 PM
iPad info with Pictures:

When you start the App click on "updates" at the bottom. On this new screen you have the "Add new update source (ie URL)". Make sure you entered the URL
Code:
http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml
iPad1.jpg

Next is after you downloaded and installed the Pack you should see TWO packages:
iPad 2.jpg

After you start a character the "Character" tab should look like this:
iPad 3.jpg

And its here that you will turn on the new community options. Once you do that you will be able to see the missing stuff.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 5th, 2016, 07:43 PM
Hmmmm . . . I wonder if Thunder got both the official HL 1.3 pack AND the 5e Community pack?

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Thunder

Old April 7th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Yes, ShadowChemosh those are the screens I see on my iPad. It is an iPad Pro 9.7", I don't know if that matters.

Then I just started a new hero and the only Oaths I see for the Paladin are Devotion and Oathbreaker that are complete, the Ancients, Crown and Vengeance are loaded with "Placeholder" tags.

I do appreciate the advice gents.
Thunder is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 7th, 2016, 09:14 AM
Sounds like it's working then?

If you want the place holders updated as a priority feel free to send me a text document with paraphrased text. Fluff text needs to be 20% different. Mechanics can be left the same.

Someone just did that with the Cleric for example so that will be updated in the next release.
daplunk is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
keendk

Old April 8th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Thunder, I dont know what you are using the programs for, but having used Both Hero Labs and Fight Club id say there are pros and cons to both.

Hero Labs is an excellent character builder, that really guides you through the process nicely and shows you your options...however its use as an on screen Character Sheet seems incredibly lacking, and the price point is high. Hero Labs Printed character sheets are decent.

Fight Club almost requires you to make your character elsewhere and then input it...but once youve input everything its an amazing on screen tool, and the Spell List is completely unparalleled. There is no print out feature.

I must admit that after switching from Ipad to a windows tablet, the only thing Im actually missing is the Fight Club app, Hero Labs is an OK stand in but just doesnt cut it as an easy on table tool.

/EDIT I forgot to add that Hero Labs works within the boundaries of the law and is a respectable company, where as the fight club app is a lot more questionable...and that means a lot in my book.

Last edited by keendk; April 8th, 2016 at 11:22 PM.
keendk is offline   #26 Reply With Quote