Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Fenris447

Old November 3rd, 2021, 09:15 PM
So to update everyone, things are coming along alright on the next patch. I have WBtW Monsters about 99.9% completed, and FToD Monsters are at about 20% done.

I'm kind of dreading doing the items for them. Not because the programming is hard, but because re-writing the text for all of them is going to take forever. So if anyone wants to pitch in and help with the text, let me know. I could use a hand.

And of course, if someone were to just randomly message me telling me they had re-written the text for AND programmed all the items, I'd probably just die from joy right on the spot.

With help or not, I'd love to get this all done before December. Mainly because: 1. I have a date with Halo Infinite and 2. Strixhaven releases around then.

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #941 Reply With Quote
JeffK88

Old November 21st, 2021, 09:22 AM
Sorry if an annoying question, dont ask many here. But how frequently does this get updated (like when should I expected the latest books to be in it?)
JeffK88 is offline   #942 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 1st, 2022, 08:08 AM
Happy New Year, everybody! I had some personal stuff so I didn't work on the pack for a while but I'm doing bits and pieces now. I'm working on the Strixhaven player options.

I'm curious; would y'all prefer a release sooner, without all the items from the recent books included, or later and with the complete books?

Found an issue with or have a suggestion for the 5e Community Pack? Please post it here at our GitHub.

Feel free to stop by the Lone Wolf Development Subreddit, for discussion of any and all LWD products and community efforts!
Fenris447 is offline   #943 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old January 2nd, 2022, 08:29 AM
Happy New Year Fenris, I am good waiting, or when you have time to get stuff done at your time frame... I am sure I will be in the minority,,, and that's fine, LOL. I am just glad you are taking the time to do it.... Peace out.
jbearwillis is offline   #944 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 7th, 2022, 12:23 PM
I'm wrapping up Release 3.4. I decided to push out the Items from recent books to the next patch, for the sake of getting all the other stuff into your hands. I'll post the full patch notes soon (though you can see them here). But here's the quick overview:

Release 3.4 - "Academics, Delights, and Dragons" (AD&D)
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons - Draconic Gifts, feats, monsters, races, spells, subclasses added.
  • Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy - All monsters added.
  • Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos - Backgrounds, feats, monsters, race, and spells added.
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - Backgrounds, monsters, races added.
  • Magic: The Gathering - Amonkhet, Dominaria, Innistrad, and the Adventures in the Forgotten Realms modules all get some love.
  • The usual other stuff; bug fixes, corrected typoes, and some of the 2021 errata.

Up Next: Release 3.5 - "Behold, My (Multiversal) Stuff!"

Here's a brief overview of the stuff I'm planning for the next patch. As always, this is subject to change.
  • Monsters of the Multiverse - Updated and new races, updated and new monsters, and whatever else we get in this upcoming book
  • 2021 (and earlier) Errata - A few things that were updated in the 2021 Errata made it into 3.4. The rest will be done in 3.5. There's also a lot of older, SRD monsters that were updated in previous Errata but never were updated in the LWD version of the SRD. I'll be reviewing those and replacing those monsters with up-to-date Community Pack versions.
  • Items, items, and items - There's a backlog of roughly 165 items from AI, AitFR, EGtW, FToD, MOoT, SACoC, and TWBtW. I want to believe I'll get them all done for 3.5, but I can only promise I'll do as many as I can without going insane.

As always, help is welcome. Whether it's reporting bugs on our GitHub issues page, rewriting descriptive text, or actual programming work, I'd love a hand!

Last edited by Fenris447; January 7th, 2022 at 12:27 PM.
Fenris447 is offline   #945 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old January 7th, 2022, 06:02 PM
Thanks Fenris, You are Awesome...
jbearwillis is offline   #946 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 10th, 2022, 08:59 AM
V3.4 - Academics, Delights and Dragons - 1/10/2022

MAJOR ADDITIONS
  • Fizban's Treasury of Dragons - Feats, monsters, races, spells, subclasses added. Added Draconic Gifts to the Supernatural Gifts tab.
  • Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy - All monsters added.
  • Strixhaven: A Curriculum of Chaos - Backgrounds, feats, monsters, race, and spells added.
  • The Wild Beyond the Witchlight - Backgrounds, monsters, races added.

MINOR ADDITIONS, ENHANCEMENTS, & CHANGES
  • Adventures in the Forgotten Realms - Monsters, spell added.
  • Planeshift: Amonkhet - Monsters added.
  • Planeshift: Dominaria - Added monsters and fiendish cult to complete this source's content.
  • Planeshift: Innistrad - Human variants, Inquisitor background, and monsters added. Skaab characteristics and angelic flight characteristics can be added as variant racial traits for each.
  • Return to the Glory - Monsters added.
  • Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Added Druidic Warrior. This was missed in the TCoE release in 3.0

BUGS & CORRECTIONS
  • BGDiA - Fixed Hollyphant's spells to correct casts per day.
  • CoS - Updated Tree Blight's HP per Errata.
  • DMG - Fixed Necklace of Prayer beads not granting beads when 6 beads are selected. Replaced SRD Cloak of the Manta Ray with a version that actually grants swim speed. Various Errata updates and tweaks.
  • ERFtLW - Fixed bug preventing Fire Bolt from showing up in Artificer spell list.
  • MToF - Fixed spelling errors with Eladrin name and description.
  • PHB - 2021 Errata updates to Magnificent Mansion and Clone.
  • SCAG - Added History as option for the Knight of the Order background proficiency.
  • TCoE - Removed Psionic Spells from Clockwork Soul Sorcerer subclass. Fixed selection of Counterspell as a Clockwork spell. Fixed One with the Word to only work at 14th+ level.
  • UA Warlock & Wizard - Fixed Raven's Shield to work only once level 10 is reached. Thanks to jbearwillis for the fix.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • DMG - The Rod of Lordly Might was updated in errata such that button 1, which forms a flame tongue sword, can be any sword of your choosing. Programming this choice in would be extremely complicated and honestly, it's easier if you just add a Flame Tongue Sword of your choice to your character separate from the Rod and use that.
  • See Known Issues page on the 5e Community Pack Github for previous known issues.

Fenris447 is offline   #947 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis

Old January 10th, 2022, 04:28 PM
Thanks so much for your hard work on the files, Fenris....
jbearwillis is offline   #948 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old January 14th, 2022, 08:16 PM
Here's how I think I'm going to handle the revised races in Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse. Next release, there will be a new category on the Configure Hero screen called "5e Revised Sourcebooks". I'm doing this so that when the PHB revision releases in 2024 (basically a 5.5e for D&D's 50th anniversary), we'll have a place to put that as its own sourcebook.

Under that new category will be the MPMotM book. If you select it, it will remove the old versions of these races as options, and provide the new ones in their place. So the old versions aren't going anywhere. If you want to keep your old, slow-walking, fast-flying Aarakocra, just don't select the new MPMotM source on the Configure Hero screen. It'll be as simple as that.

I'm expecting some exceptions to crop up once I can dig into the book, but I'll try to err on the side of preserving old versions. I just hate the idea of us having a massive race list where there are multiple versions of each race, all displayed together e.g. "Aarakocra, Aarakocra (MotM), Aasimar, Aasimar (DMG), Aasimar (MotM), etc."

If anyone has strong feelings against this approach, feel free to express your reasons.

Fenris447 is offline   #949 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old January 20th, 2022, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
Here's how I think I'm going to handle the revised races in Mordenkainen Presents: Monsters of the Multiverse. Next release, there will be a new category on the Configure Hero screen called "5e Revised Sourcebooks". I'm doing this so that when the PHB revision releases in 2024 (basically a 5.5e for D&D's 50th anniversary), we'll have a place to put that as its own sourcebook.

Under that new category will be the MPMotM book. If you select it, it will remove the old versions of these races as options, and provide the new ones in their place. So the old versions aren't going anywhere. If you want to keep your old, slow-walking, fast-flying Aarakocra, just don't select the new MPMotM source on the Configure Hero screen. It'll be as simple as that.

I'm expecting some exceptions to crop up once I can dig into the book, but I'll try to err on the side of preserving old versions. I just hate the idea of us having a massive race list where there are multiple versions of each race, all displayed together e.g. "Aarakocra, Aarakocra (MotM), Aasimar, Aasimar (DMG), Aasimar (MotM), etc."

If anyone has strong feelings against this approach, feel free to express your reasons.
I do like this method, as I try to do that for my Custom Campaign files. Just have the version of the races I use.
Enforcer84 is offline   #950 Reply With Quote