Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Mightyspartian

Old March 29th, 2018, 07:22 AM
Hi,

I am looking for way to negate the AC penalty that results from raging. Any ideas?
Mightyspartian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old March 29th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Guarded stance or Armored Hulk archtype
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 29th, 2018, 10:12 AM
On the Adjust tab you can add adjustments to increase/decease your AC value as you wish. But you will need to turn off/on the adjustment as you turn on the rage ability.

If you have the Community Pack installed turn on "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then you can add "Class Ability: Values" adjustment. From the first dropdown select Rage (Unchained) and the second drop down select "Value 5". Then set the counter to +2. Now when you activate rage you will no longer get the -2 penalty to your AC.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mightyspartian

Old March 30th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Hi Shadow,

Thank you for the links I will check them out. What I was looking for specific gear, feats and rage powers to achieve a lower AC.
Mightyspartian is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 30th, 2018, 01:32 PM
In the magic item selection dialogue, have you tried typing in the keywords rage or raging? Possibly with AC as well?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old March 31st, 2018, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
On the Adjust tab you can add adjustments to increase/decease your AC value as you wish. But you will need to turn off/on the adjustment as you turn on the rage ability.

If you have the Community Pack installed turn on "ShadowChemosh Adjustments". Then you can add "Class Ability: Values" adjustment. From the first dropdown select Rage (Unchained) and the second drop down select "Value 5". Then set the counter to +2. Now when you activate rage you will no longer get the -2 penalty to your AC.
Couldn't get this to work, Shadow on "Value 5", but it did seem to work ok on "Value 4". Is that what you meant to say?
Arjon Smithson is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old March 31st, 2018, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson View Post
Couldn't get this to work, Shadow on "Value 5", but it did seem to work ok on "Value 4". Is that what you meant to say?
LOL could be. I was going off memory! Guess I am old and my memory is failing!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old March 31st, 2018, 11:57 PM
ShadowChemosh, Merging ideas from this thread and the other talking about the method of managing the extra hps from raging in the traditional vs the unchained Barbarian, are any of the remaining values helpful in adjusting how a Barbarian gets his additional hps. I don't want to go to a fully unchained Barbarian, but do want to change the link to constitution, which as you pointed out in the other thread, can help kill a Barbarian if he goes below zero hitpoints while raging.
Arjon Smithson is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjon Smithson View Post
ShadowChemosh, Merging ideas from this thread and the other talking about the method of managing the extra hps from raging in the traditional vs the unchained Barbarian, are any of the remaining values helpful in adjusting how a Barbarian gets his additional hps. I don't want to go to a fully unchained Barbarian, but do want to change the link to constitution, which as you pointed out in the other thread, can help kill a Barbarian if he goes below zero hitpoints while raging.
Value 3 would let you remove the Bonus to Con. Then you could setup a manually done Temp HP Pool.

The easy answer I did for my group was just say the barbarian continues to rage while at negative HP. This way he has less chance of dying but still burns rage each round. This way requires no HL changes.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote