Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition

Notices

asvaldson

Old December 24th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkull View Post
My only question is, what happens to user-created content and community content with HLO? I'm currently in a PF1 game that uses Gestalt characters, I suspect I'm going to be stuck with HLC for the foreseeable future.
Probably. I'm going to be needing to replace any characters that use psionics if I want to use HLO.
asvaldson is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 25th, 2020, 11:35 AM
So how 'bout a little positivity? Many PF1 users have been clamoring for release on HLO for... well, since HLO was released into the wild. Now it's here, and rather than a chorus of "Hurrahs!" it's still more negativity.

SO... I say "HURRAH!" PF1 is coming to HLO! Thank you, LoneWolf, for bringing this long awaited functionality. I, too, hope that you'll find a way to make custom content a reality, that you will stick to your originally stated "one time fee of about $20 to migrate everything you own," etc. But THANK YOU for taking this step!

I even thank you for doing it on a Saturday, so that you can roll it out as soon as possible after Christmas, and I don't blame you a bit for giving yourselves and your employees Christmas day off! In fact, I applaud you for it. I hope everyone who owns and works for LWD has the best Christmas imaginable.

For those who are afraid HLO won't be able to meet all of your PF1 gaming needs, it's a wonderful certainty that HLC is still available, in all of its glory and with all of the functionality you've grown to know and love .

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; December 25th, 2020 at 11:40 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old December 25th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Very much looking forward to PF1e on Hero Lab Online.

Our group would want 3pp (Community Package & Spheres related) in an ideal world.
Definitely will migrate the characters over.

Hopefully revenue streams (from Pathfinder) users help Lone Wolf.
You guys have made some seriously awesome gaming tools (HL & RW).
Thank you.
Ualaa is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old December 26th, 2020, 04:47 AM
The positivity would have to come from those who are going to play PF1. As a Starfinder player, I find the lack of support for the last 8 months rather discouraging.
flyteach is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old December 26th, 2020, 05:07 AM
Thanks,Ualaa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyteach View Post
The positivity would have to come from those who are going to play PF1. As a Starfinder player, I find the lack of support for the last 8 months rather discouraging.
Then by all means, post that in the Starfinder threads. I totally get the frustration with lack of support and updates for your favored game - been experiencing that myself .

But this thread is for PF1, and some of us who've been waiting forever for this news want to celebrate without having our joy stolen . For a while, at least...

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; December 26th, 2020 at 05:14 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old December 26th, 2020, 07:14 AM
I have, but since the lack of content is apparently at the expense of rolling out PF1, it seems fitting here also. If all you want is a chorus of yes people, then have at it. Some of us want the tool to improve, not just reinvent the past.
flyteach is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
kenderbard

Old December 26th, 2020, 03:04 PM
Appears it's been delayed for a few days (no specific date given) due to a significant "shortcoming" (bug?)
kenderbard is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 26th, 2020, 04:20 PM
Where did you see this information? I've been anxiously watching LW's FB and Twitter pages all day... don't see anything mentioned....
Krothos is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
kenderbard

Old December 26th, 2020, 04:26 PM
I signed into HLO (I have an account from back when you could beta test) and looked at the announcements there. I'm surprised; I also checked their twitter first.
kenderbard is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Hykim

Old December 27th, 2020, 03:00 AM
The announcement from inside HLO:
Quote:
As we moved past Christmas Day and geared up to launch Pathfinder 1st Edition support with fresher eyes, our test run uncovered a significant shortcoming that we're opting to correct before release. We had hoped this would be something we could patch after the fact, but we feel this issue has the potential to affect a large portion of our users. Unfortunately, this will force us to delay the launch by just a few days so that everyone can have the best experience possible on launch day.

While there will undoubtedly be bugs with a game system as vast and complex as Pathfinder 1st Edition, we are doing our best to minimize them where possible and want to thank you for your patience and understanding.

-May the dice be with you!
Hykim is offline   #30 Reply With Quote