Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

zarlor

Old September 26th, 2016, 10:49 AM
General: Print Hero -> Standard Character Sheet - the Hindrances column only fits on one page. Normally I can see where that wouldn't be an issue but I've taken to adding some common reminders of actions for characters as Hindrances (since they are free, after all) and that pushes the list beyond the first page.

SPC2: When adding an Ally/Sidekick (Portfolio -> Add New Hero) the secondary portfolio, even after selecting all of the same Character Configurations and ensuring it is set to SPC2, doesn't seem to automatically add AB: Super Powers like the main protfolio will.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #181 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 26th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I'll check on the Hindrances bit.

On the SPC2 thing, it won't. It can't make that assumption. Firstly, it can't automatically add that Edge because of the change in Inherent Power. There's not a way to automatically add that Edge in the second edition. It has to be chosen as a free Edge now. And that can't be set up so it's inherited as it doesn't operate as a tag. Also, not all Allies/Sidekicks will have Powers, so it can't really be set up as an automatic addition in that way.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder, SWADE Fantasy Companion
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Sci-Fi Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #182 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 26th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader View Post
I'll check on the Hindrances bit.

On the SPC2 thing, it won't. It can't make that assumption. Firstly, it can't automatically add that Edge because of the change in Inherent Power. There's not a way to automatically add that Edge in the second edition. It has to be chosen as a free Edge now. And that can't be set up so it's inherited as it doesn't operate as a tag. Also, not all Allies/Sidekicks will have Powers, so it can't really be set up as an automatic addition in that way.
Ok, so adding an Edge on the Personal Tab it is, then. Thanks!

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #183 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 26th, 2016, 11:56 AM
You shouldn't need to do that. It's a free Edge, and doesn't cost a build point.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #184 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 26th, 2016, 02:43 PM
I have noticed that when a Magical Weapon in Fantasy Companion has an Attack bonus that it no longer shows up next to the die. For example, a weapon with +1 and Fighting d6 displays as "d6" and not "d6+1". I am pretty sure that this used to work.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #185 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 26th, 2016, 02:45 PM
It is not that the field does not have enough space to show the bonus. It shows a bonus from other sources, but not the "Attack" from a custom magical weapon.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #186 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 27th, 2016, 09:50 AM
SPC2: The power modifiers for Limitation (-1 or -2) appear to be set as Unique, but they should be allowed to be taken multiple times.
The Healing power should allow for the "Ranged Touch Attack" modifier.

SFC: Personal Force Field (armSFFFieP) doesn't appear to be stacking with physical armor, such as Body Armor (armSFBodyA). In other words when equipping both on a Toughness 6 character is only shows 10(4) rather than 14(8).

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; September 27th, 2016 at 11:27 AM.
zarlor is offline   #187 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old September 27th, 2016, 05:52 PM
On the Limitations being unique, I'd have to disagree. All of the other Modifiers in that group can only be taken once, at -1 or -2. I don't think it's really meant for multiple limitations to be allowed, as that would take the deduction for Limitations above -2, and none of the other generic mods allow anything higher.
As far as Pinnacle, Clint says it's GM's choice to allow it to be stacked higher, but it's not really meant to. It's meant to be treated like a Minor/Major Hindrance on the Power, i.e. a -2 or two -1's to make a -2.
As far as Hero Lab, I had to make some changes in the code to display limitations the way they are now. It has to be a text box to allow for the description of the limitation, so each one would be another line. It doesn't allow for multiple Limitations, and right off-hand I think to add multiple limitations would be problematic.

_
_

Last edited by CapedCrusader; September 27th, 2016 at 05:54 PM.
CapedCrusader is offline   #188 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old September 28th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Except that, as the GM, I definitely want to allow my players the ability to not be limited to a single -1 or -2 Limitation on a Power. We have a few situations were I think it's very appropriate for them to be able to do that simply because the other listed power modifiers simply don't cover the situations they want to handle. Much like the rules for building a Race in the Sci-Fi or Fantasy Companions. Limitations are a catch-all that should be providing flexibility where a GM wants it and I would really, really, really like it (heck, I kind of need it for my current game) if HL could handle that.

BTW, Clint doesn't say Limitations are not meant to be stacked, in fact he says that stacking is "theoretically possible", in effect his cautionary approach isn't about having multiple Limitations, it's about it being a GM call on making sure the Limitations actually affect the Character and not just that Power.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually

Last edited by zarlor; September 28th, 2016 at 04:59 AM.
zarlor is offline   #189 Reply With Quote
SeeleyOne

Old September 28th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Maybe you can preclude the original one and add in your own. I do that whenever I disagree with something.

SeeleyOne is offline   #190 Reply With Quote