Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

spannclann

Old July 14th, 2023, 09:20 AM
I have chosen to give a class limited spell slots so I used the Warlock spell slots. When I print out the character sheet, the spell slots are listed as Warlock. Is there any way to change this with some sort of name change command?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2023-07-13 214140.png (58.3 KB, 4 views)
spannclann is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 16th, 2023, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannclann View Post
I have chosen to give a class limited spell slots so I used the Warlock spell slots. When I print out the character sheet, the spell slots are listed as Warlock. Is there any way to change this with some sort of name change command?
Final/100000

hero.child[thingid].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old July 18th, 2023, 12:46 AM
@RavenX

Ive tried both of these but it has not changed anything. What could I be doing wrong?

hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

hero.child[SpellSlots].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

I have also tried to replace the text but no luck

hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text = replace(hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text, "Warlock", "Fabled Archer", 0)

Last edited by spannclann; July 20th, 2023 at 02:49 PM.
spannclann is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old July 21st, 2023, 06:51 AM
Any thoughts or ideas? Anyone?

I am putting this name changing script in the Class Special ability. Is that the place for it? I also have it with three other eval scripts. Should they be in another order than this?
1. Makes the Hero a Caster
2. Sets INT as the spell casting stat
3. Gives the Hero Warlock spell slots
4. Tries to change the Spell Slot name from Warlock to "New Name" when the character sheet is printed.

Last edited by spannclann; July 21st, 2023 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added more information
spannclann is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 21st, 2023, 10:18 AM
Quote:
@RavenX

Ive tried both of these but it has not changed anything. What could I be doing wrong?

hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

hero.child[SpellSlots].field[livename].text = "New Name Here"

I have also tried to replace the text but no luck

hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text = replace(hero.child[SlotHoldWa].field[livename].text, "Warlock", "Fabled Archer", 0)
Phase and Priority. You need this in Render phase with a late priority to overwrite whatever livename script is already present in the source code. Try a priority of 100000 and see if that helps. Livename is a field that auto generates at a certain phase so if its not changing to what you set it to, then you're changing the field too early.

Hero Lab works through each phase one at a time. It compiles the code from the lowest priority number to the highest in each phase.

So it basically parses Initialize from 0 to 99999999 then moves to Setup and does the same thing parsing the code for each phase individually.

If you are setting in say Final 1000, and another script is running in Render 10000, the Render script will overwrite what you did. Your script has to run later than Render 10000 if you want to make the change you did work.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old July 22nd, 2023, 12:01 AM
Okay, I have got it to work somewhat. It has changed in Hero Lab, but not on the printed character sheet.
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (57.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: png 2.png (84.3 KB, 2 views)
spannclann is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 24th, 2023, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Okay, I have got it to work somewhat. It has changed in Hero Lab, but not on the printed character sheet.
Try running the script later like 99999999 and see if that fixes the sheet output, if it doesn't then there's an issue with the way sheet output was setup. You can't change sheet output without having full access to the structure files themselves.

RavenX is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 24th, 2023, 09:15 AM
I already checked for you on the source code and it is locked down, so the changes to sheet output you need would have to be done by someone who works for Lone Wolf if changing the livename doesn't work. They might have coded the source code for sheets to output the name field instead of the livename field.

RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
spannclann

Old July 24th, 2023, 04:47 PM
Ah, I was starting to think along those lines. Thanks for the help!
spannclann is offline   #9 Reply With Quote