Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old April 25th, 2020, 10:51 AM
All right, so I'm working on a personal tweak for bags of holding, in that instead of weight X lbs., they'll weigh something like 0.5 lbs (what a normal sack weighs), plus whatever's contained inside, up what that particular bag of holding's 'maximum carry weight' is (15 lbs, or whatever), and that anything over that is ignored.

The standard bag of holding weight-negation text, found in the 'gear' button on the left-hand side, is this:
Quote:
~ Our contents count for no weight at all!
field[gearNet].value = field[gearWeight].value
Altering this so that the bag fills up from standard weight to normal weight, we first create a new field, 'abValue', in the 'Fields' button, with a value equal to the original maximum weight of the bag of holding. Using the type I bag of holding as our example, that makes the value of 'abValue' 15.

We then change the object's weight from its original weight (15 lbs in our example) to that which the item would normally be -- for a bag, 0.5 lbs.

Finally, we change the weight-negation text to the following:

Quote:
~ Our contents' weight caps out!
if (field[gearNet].value >= field[abValue].value ) then
field[gearNet].value = field[abValue].value
endif
If the bag of holding is empty, or only has a few things in it, the weight of the bag and items is that of a standard bag (0.5 lbs) plus the items. Only when the weight goes over the abValue amount (15 lbs in our example) is it reduced/negated. This allows you to carry an empty Type VI bag of holding (which normally weighs 150 lbs) like the minimal-weight item it might / should be. (Okay, in my opinion in that case, but still.)

I've tested it, it works. I am so happy!!

I'm also creating larger handy haversacks, which is what this was originally for, but it's the same functionality.

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old April 25th, 2020, 11:25 AM
If only the contents were present on the material plane to affect the weight of the bags, instead of being stored in a separate pocket dimension :-)

Good work on the coding, thought ;-)

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
The Wyrm Ouroboros

Old April 25th, 2020, 11:47 AM
Bah!! Bah, I say to you, sir!!

After all, if the contents are being stored in a seperate pocket dimension, why is there weight at all??

Truth is, I was going to try to compute the 'percentage weight shunted', but I figured that was just too much a pain in my tuckus, so ...

edit: ... so I went ahead and did so anyhow.

Change the weight-negation text to the following:
Quote:
~ Our contents' weight caps out!
if (field[gearNet].value >= field[gWeight].value ) then
field[gearNet].value = ( ( field[gearNet].value - field[gWeight].value ) / field[gHeldMaxWt].value ) * ( field[abValue].value - field[gWeight].value ) + field[gWeight].value
endif
This divides the carried weight by the maximum carried weight. The item will always weigh the baseline, but the 'weight of the portal' is a percentage of the weight carried.

Dragonlance Fiction: Childe Lydia to the Dark Tower Came

"Look, I could kill you, but then I'd have to fill out paperwork. I hate paperwork. Even more than I hate you." -- Phineas Phentari

Last edited by The Wyrm Ouroboros; April 25th, 2020 at 03:53 PM.
The Wyrm Ouroboros is offline   #3 Reply With Quote