Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

ErinRigh

Old February 6th, 2018, 10:16 AM
A sword-devil of 20th level becomes a living avatar of vengeance, infused with supernatural powers that push her beyond the mortal. Recognized for her battle prowess and unparalleled skill at killing by a potent otherworldly entity. The sword-devil becomes the living vessel of an immortal, intangible, and inscrutable being obsessed only with slaying her foes, meting out violent retribution to those who have wronged her, or simply dispatching her enemies in dazzling display of wanton destruction. As a standard action, the sword-devil allows herself to be infused with this killing spirit. She gains a fly speed of 60-feet (perfect), a +6 morale bonus to AC, and fire resistance 30- This ability can be used for 10 minutes per day. but it must be used in 1-minute increments.

Ok, so here is the problem, I created a racial ability called Fly, and bootstrapped it to the Class Special, and come up with the following code

Pre-Attr/10000

Code:
      doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

hero.child[ArmorClass].field[BonMorale].value = maximum(hero.child[ArmorClass].field[BonMorale].value, 6)
      #applyresist[xDamRsFire,30]
But it is not adding them when I activate the ability, I am obviously doing something wrong but Ican't figure it out, HELP please!
ErinRigh is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 6th, 2018, 11:28 AM
Is sword devil a race? It sounds like an archetype or class. If that's correct, I would say place the activation on the class ability, rather than creating a seperate racial ability.

Looking at your code there, I don't see anything stopping it from applying those changes when not activated, so I think it may be that you are toggling the activation checkbox and seeing no changes because they were already being applied when it was off. Try looking at something else with an activation, and see what stops it has.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 6th, 2018, 12:26 PM
ahh right, ok thanks, I added it as a racial ability because I thought it was easiest, but if you think making a new Class special for it would be best, I'll go with that angle. I forgot to disable the ability when it was deactivated, so I will do that
ErinRigh is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 6th, 2018, 01:32 PM
ok now I've gone and buggered it

Attempt to access field 'cTotalLev' that does not exist for thing 'cSDAvatVen'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'xTotalLev' near line 142
- - -
Attempt to access field 'cSpcBonLev' that does not exist for thing 'cSDAvatVen'
Location: 'field calculate' script for Field 'xTotalLev' near line 142
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 6th, 2018, 01:55 PM
When you say "making a new class special for it", do you mean you're bootstrapping a class special from a class special?

If so, that is not allowed, and you will get the errors you're seeing.

Aaron's instruction was not to create a new class special - it was to have the existing one, the one bootstrapped directly from the archetype, handle the fly speed itself.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old February 6th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Well I feel silly, thanks Mathias. Now the ability seems to work, but not the Fly portion.

I bootstrapped xFly to the class ability, but I need to set conditions for the bootstrap and I am not certain what to put there in Fields, Tags and Conditions to make the ability grant a fly speed of 60 (perfect) when the ability is activated?
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 7th, 2018, 09:33 AM
You do not need to bootstrap xFly (though you can), that pick is present on all heroes in pathfinder. You just need to assign a value to it and a Maneuver tag when the ability is activated. Look at the Wings of Heaven class ability of the celestial sorcerer bloodline. That bootstraps a copy of fly with a maneuver tag, and applies a value when activated.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote