Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Illyahr

Old November 5th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Is this possible? A side project I worked on a little while back was to incorporate Godhood from Deities and Demigods as a mechanic that could be added to the character. So far, I've got the stat boosts down as a mixture of Template and Adjustment (for godhood and divine rank, respectively).

The next step would be the Divine Salient Abilites, which would be expressed as Custom Abilities, the power and number of which would be based on Divine Rank. The only way I can figure to do this without a lot of excess scripting would be to have the Godhood template add an entirely new tab to the character that would keep track of these abilities in the same way that a racial tab is used to keep track of racial spellcasting.

Is this possible and, if it is, what kind of scripting would be required to set it up?
Illyahr is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 5th, 2016, 12:59 PM
I am sorry to say this really can't be done right now in d20. I hope in the future to add what Pathfinder/5e has which are called "Configurable". Once those are available then you could have a new 'Tab' that would allow class or race choices or spells or psionics or languages.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 6th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Hmm, without that tab there isn't really a way to select Divine Salient Abilities without a slew of messy coding.
Illyahr is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 6th, 2016, 01:23 PM
You could handle them the way eTools (spits) and Fantasy Grounds do. Make them bonus feats and you get a number of bonus feats based on Divine Ranks adjustment. IDK that much about it, would that be difficult?
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 7th, 2016, 08:51 AM
That might work, but it'll get a bit complicated. I'll see what I can do with the coding of the Godhood template. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to go through all of the DSA's, but I can see about getting the template ready.
Illyahr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 7th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I can input SDAs if I knew what I was bootstrapping them to
ErinRigh is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 11th, 2016, 10:52 AM
@ErinRigh: Finished separating the file out. I built a couple DSAs for use as a template for the others. The only way I could figure out how to set it up was to have the template add bonus feats and the DSAs to be feats that require the Godhood template to be selected.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.0 - Deities and Demigods.zip (6.5 KB, 2 views)
Illyahr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 12th, 2016, 02:30 AM
Thanks mate, I'll get right on inputting those. Small error, the abilities of gods are called Salient (meaning prominent) Divine Abilities, not Divine Salient Abilities; SDA not DSA. I realize it is a really nitpicky error, and I would alter it myself, if I knew how, but I find the language really jarring. Also, you misspelled Ability, hard to spot, but you have put an extra "i" after the "t". Again, I would alter this myself, but I have no idea how, if you could tell me, I will never nitpick at you again

Erin
ErinRigh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 12th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Woops.

When looking at the abilities, go to the 'Tags' list and just change the name. It should reflect properly once you reload.
Illyahr is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old November 12th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Well the problem is I don't know how to access the fcategory list
ErinRigh is offline   #10 Reply With Quote