Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

frumple

Old September 29th, 2016, 05:00 AM
I have a mythic ability that adds to a character's class level for just some specific class features. In this case it is granting of rage powers as well as class features that are rage related.

For example, if I am a barbarian with tier 3 I need to add 3 to my level for the purposes of granting of rage powers as well as when I get features such as greater rage, etc. So I need to be able to add my tier to the hero's level for a specific subset of class abilities.

I cannot just simple add the tier to the class's effective level since that would allow other class features to show up. Additionally, if the hero has an archetype that changes the rate one gains rage powers (Mad Dog for example) just adding the tier to the effective level can be an issue.

Thoughts?
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old September 29th, 2016, 06:08 AM
I think I found a partial solution..

For class abilities I am doing the following:
Code:
foreach pick in hero from BaseClSpec where FILTER
        eachpick.field[xTotalLev].value += tier
        eachpick.field[xAllLev].value += tier
        eachpick.field[xMaxLev].value += tier
        eachpick.field[xWhen].value = maximum(1,eachpick.field[xWhen].value - tier)
        nexteach
where FILTER is my tag filter that specifies the specific class features I am looking for.

Looks like this makes class features available earlier based on my tier (the xWhen field) and adds my tier to the other fields so that internal scripts will calculate things correctly.

My question is this the correct way to go about this, or will it break something?
frumple is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2016, 07:23 AM
It sounds like you're trying to do something similar to a Monk's Robe or a Robe of Arcane Heritage.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old September 29th, 2016, 08:12 AM
In many ways yes. The problem is that because it is mythic rank/tier dependent using xExtraLev is not working due to timing issues.

If I use #tiereffect[] to get my tier doing that before PostLevel does not seem to work. However xTotalLev is calculated at PostLev/0. :/

The added complexity is that this is going on a template who determines MR dependent on the base creature's CR. That needs to be done at PostLevel/1100 before "Mythic Templates add Effects" but after "Calc tmCRAdjust."

I guess I could add the tier in xExtraLev then recalculate xTotalLev etc.

Last edited by frumple; September 29th, 2016 at 08:15 AM.
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 29th, 2016, 10:49 AM
I think look into ways you can get the information for #tiereffect early enough that you can use xExtraLev. The same way you can look up #levelcount[a class] earlier than you can get the cTotalLev on a class or the xTotalLev on a class special, see if there's an alternative way to get the information you need, early enough to be useful.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old September 29th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Ok. I think I am close. Just one question. Can I use the PreReqCaP1 tags to add mythic rank/tier for the purposes of prereqs?
frumple is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old September 29th, 2016, 03:22 PM
Just answered my own question.
frumple is offline   #7 Reply With Quote