Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

frumple

Old May 20th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I am trying to implement an item power that turn what ever weapon it is one from a manufactured weapon into a natural weapon. That is, it becomes a primary or secondary natural attack depending on some other factors (which are not important right now) but becomes secondary if the hero uses another manufactured weapon. Additionally, even though it is a now a natural weapon it still can have iterative attacks from high BAB like other manufactured weapons.

I figured out that using this script on the item power I get part of the way there:

Code:
if (parent.tagis[component.BaseWep] <> 0) then
      perform parent.assign[wGroup.Natural]  
      perform parent.assign[Helper.NoOutGear]  
      perform parent.assign[Helper.Proficient] 
      perform parent.assign[Helper.FixSizeDmg]
      perform parent.delete[Helper.AllEqMain]
      perform parent.delete[Helper.AllEqOff]
      perform parent.assign[Helper.NatPrimary]
      perform parent.assign[wFtrGroup.Natural]

else
        foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where container.child[gCustMagic].field[gWeapExpr].text
          perform eachpick.assign[wGroup.Natural]
          perform eachpick.assign[Helper.NoOutGear]   
          perform eachpick.assign[Helper.Proficient] 
          perform eachpick.assign[Helper.FixSizeDmg]
          perform eachpick.delete[Helper.AllEqMain]
          perform eachpick.delete[Helper.AllEqOff]
          perform eachpick.assign[Helper.NatPrimary]
          perform eachpick.assign[wFtrGroup.Natural]
          nexteach
        endif
However, I am not getting the automatic switching of the weapon from primary to secondary if the hero is using another weapon or the correct iterative attacks for it.

For example, let's say my character wielding a normal melee weapon has a BAB of +6/+1. The weapon with my item power is just showing the attack with the BAB of +6 not +6/+1.

For the Prim/Sec behavior, if I need to handle this manually I can do that, I would just prefer to use methods that already exist in HL to handle it automatically due to all the various feats and abilities that can affect attacks.
frumple is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 20th, 2016, 11:17 AM
My guess would be the logic (ie scripts to make primary/secondary) are part of the BaseNatWep component. Which is not part of a normal weapon. As far as I am aware no way to add the BaseNatWep component to a normal weapon.

I think you will have to take into account the Primary/Secondary logic yourself.

Unless Aaron knows a way...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 20th, 2016, 12:26 PM
frumple, you maniac! Why you always pushing the boundries and trying to do the impossible!

I'm not precisely sure, but I'd model this as the item power bootstrapping the psuedo natural attack with a Shadow tag, and then depending on whatever mechanism you're using to switch between weapon form 1 and weapon form 2, hiding either the weapon the power is in or the shadowed natural weapon.
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old May 22nd, 2016, 04:21 PM
Thanks I will give it a shot!
frumple is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old May 26th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Ok I got it mostly working. What I think I need to do is for the item power to override the wNumAttTbl of iMagWeapon to what it would be of the weapon with any other magic effects it has.

Can someone elaborate how that table is calculated and what recauthe various array rows signify so I can recaculate and override it?

Last edited by frumple; May 26th, 2016 at 08:09 AM.
frumple is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Sir.Nel

Old September 2nd, 2016, 07:02 PM
I think I solved the problem myself, I went on the forum one more time, to my surprise I found something. and I read on Aaron answer, That he'd tell someone to use helpers so I did the same thing. And I came up with this "Helper.NatOverSec" and it worked. I think with a little patience you can find most of the answers on the forum. You guys rock thanks a lot again I'm planning to finish with the Bionoid....
Sir.Nel is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old September 6th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir.Nel View Post
I think I solved the problem myself, I went on the forum one more time, to my surprise I found something. and I read on Aaron answer, That he'd tell someone to use helpers so I did the same thing. And I came up with this "Helper.NatOverSec" and it worked. I think with a little patience you can find most of the answers on the forum. You guys rock thanks a lot again I'm planning to finish with the Bionoid....
Har, replied with the same to your other thread.
Aaron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote