Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Farling

Old January 31st, 2014, 12:02 AM
Hello all,

Is there any existing way to add a racial subtype to a character without requiring the use of the Editor to add a new feat/ability?

(Note that it is not a standard racial template that I want to add, just one of the standard creature subtypes (Angel) from the Bestiary.)
Farling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 31st, 2014, 10:04 AM
As far as I am aware no. You maybe able to go simple and bootstrap the subtype to an adjustment. I have never tried that so I am not 100% sure it will work but it should...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Blightana

Old May 11th, 2017, 12:52 PM
I'm OK at making custom changes, not the best, not the worst.
I tried to add a adjustable drop down in adjustments, to make a drop down to Two options, 1)Native Subtype, 2) Extraplanar Subtype, remove checkmark for no Subtype change; for a Planar Travel Game I am working on. So It was a simple choice for Updating Subtype as the party traveled. It did not go well, in the end I needed to make templates to add in the class selection area. That my players added or removed as needed. On a added note in Hero lab, Native only adds if you add Outsider also, so you can't slip Native, on any other main type. Example.... you can't have an Inner Plane creature like a Tooth Fairy (Extraplanar, Fey) be switched to (Native, Fey) in hero lab, but you can make him/her (Extraplanar, Fey, Outsider{Native}). P.S. Tooth Fairies are normally from "The First World" or "Fey Wilds" so not an outsider, but the could still have been born in and grew up in the Material Plane or have Material Plane ancestors. Shadow denizens Thus, they could be Native to the Material Plane. So hense forth and tally ho, as I attempted to make this Adjustment to the whole party to just change a simple drop down to mess with their subtype based on what plane they visited, and where their home was. BUT I FAILED.... LOL
Blightana is offline   #3 Reply With Quote