Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

weogarth

Old September 4th, 2013, 04:15 PM
As I'm learning how things work, I'm finding things I could have done better after I have entered in a lot of data.

Latest example was realizing that I could use Manage to make a template for my d20 campaign deities so I just added a bunch of snippets to the Profile section of the Entity category.

Is there a way to force all my existing entries under Entities to use the new format? It seems to only want to do it for new ones.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this was discussed elsewhere, I did search for it.
weogarth is offline   #1
Dr_Automaton

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:05 PM
I don't believe there's a way to do this for an entire category, but if you alter a category definition, you can do this on a per-topic basis. Just go to the General Tasks icon in the upper right-hand corner of the topic and select "Synchronize the Structure to Match the Category Definition", which will then try to reformat the Topic, adding the new pre-defined sections and snippets. There's also an option to just reorder the topic to match the definition, but I've yet to experiment with it.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #2
weogarth

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:12 PM
That's perfect! Category would be great but doing it per topic is just fine too. Just some quick copy/paste from old format to new and I'm good to go. Thanks DrA.
weogarth is offline   #3
zarlor

Old September 4th, 2013, 05:19 PM
You may not even need to do copy/paste if you are just moving a snippet into a new category structure since you can also just drag and drop them.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4
weogarth

Old September 5th, 2013, 03:00 PM
So, I never had a chance to actually check out this worked last night as I needed to crash. I made new snippets in Entity / Profile for things like Deity Alignment and Follower's Alignment.

After I did this, none of the included snippets have the descriptions anymore in the actual topics, only in the definition. I'm sure I clicked something I shouldn't have; anyone run into this?

Gary
weogarth is offline   #5