Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

weogarth

Old June 27th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Not to be an ass, but, it's now very late June when even revised expectations were indicating that the early adopters from the Kickstarter would be coming onboard.

What's cookin' guys?
weogarth is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old June 28th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Was wondering this myself!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old June 28th, 2013, 02:55 AM
We should be due a dev blog any day (it's been over a month since the last one), but if I'm honest, I'd rather have a delay on it and get RW, than have the blog and have RW delayed.
Chemlak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Iridan

Old June 28th, 2013, 04:46 AM
The lack of updates, and the continued delays make for growing frustration. Not just on my part but of the players that know what I'm planning to do. While I'm not trying to rush the development only to get a poorly designed system, for the money that I put forward in the kick starter, it would be good to at least know progress. I know the dev journal is informative, but the short version is: How long? 1 month? 2 months? Christmas? Please give us realistic time frames, it will make people a LOT less tense and punchy.
Iridan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old June 28th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I'm hoping the no blog and no invites with two days left in June means they are just putting the finishing touches on. For me, I don't care if the cloud is working 100% yet. I've got a month of data entry ahead before that even begins to come into the picture. We understand that it is pre-release and as such, it may not be feature perfect.

Edit: And as fate would have it, a new blog post went up 30 minutes before my response over on Kickstarter. They are looking at mid-July and have been working their tails off. Thank you for the update!

Last edited by AEIOU; June 28th, 2013 at 06:07 AM.
AEIOU is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old June 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
/agree with AEIOU. I want the product, cloud and all, ASAP, but what really concerns me is the time it will take to enter data.
Until the data is entered the program is no good for my players anyway.
Jaynay27 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 29th, 2013, 01:18 AM
@Everyone: The new blog entry went up less than 24 hours ago. Hopefully, that answers all the major questions to which you've all been wanting answers. We're really close now.

@Jaynay27: The data entry entry process will definitely take some amount of time. However, we've prioritized enabling users to get data into the product quickly. You should be able to copy and paste large chunks of whatever existing material you have into Realm Works, then carve it up efficiently. The major redesign of how we handle content should make that even easier now, and it should allow you to map your existing content into Realm Works without needing to do a lot of restructuring. At least, that was our goal, and a few initial comments from the Beta team have indicated they think it's a definite improvement in that regard.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Jaynay27

Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:02 AM
Cheers Rob and thanks for the clarification.

At least my copy-paste to Onenote wont be totally wasted and will work to save me time in the medium term
Jaynay27 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
weogarth

Old July 2nd, 2013, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
@Everyone: The new blog entry went up less than 24 hours ago. Hopefully, that answers all the major questions to which you've all been wanting answers. We're really close now.
Absolutely, thanks Rob. Should have said something here.
weogarth is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Quellious

Old July 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Hi there. I am new here to Lone Wolf Development stuff. Loving Hero Lab and interested in Realm Works. My question here: where is this blog that rob mentioned? Thanks for your time.
Quellious is offline   #10 Reply With Quote