Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

AEIOU

Old January 27th, 2019, 02:26 PM
I know this has come up several times since 5e was released. It's frustrating that memorized spells still do not print out in statblocks. Will this ever be changed?
AEIOU is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old January 28th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Here's the thing, while I can see how adding memorized spells to a printout might offer greater usability, our goal here is to match the official statblocks for 5e.

Do you have any examples in official books you can point us to of characters with memorized spells in their statblocks? If so, they'd represent an official guideline as to what a statblock should include and how to format it and then we'd know how to display this information.

Let us know!
Rone is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old January 28th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Page 147 of VOlo's Guide to Monsters has a Cloud Giant spell caster stat block if I'm not mistaken.
Enforcer84 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old January 29th, 2019, 05:25 AM
NPC statblocks already contain spells if they are entered - the community Cloud Giant Smiling One (at least the .stock file version) has its spells in the statblock.

I believe AEIOU is asking about PC spellcasting classes getting the same treatment.

None of the printed material that I have (which isn't everything) has a PC statblock example to go by, even the handout "PCs" in Storm King's Thunder have been reduced to NPC statblocks rather than a full character statblock, although they could be used as a starting point for a visual reference.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old January 29th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Oh Gotcha, thought that was too easy
Enforcer84 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 1st, 2019, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
Here's the thing, while I can see how adding memorized spells to a printout might offer greater usability, our goal here is to match the official statblocks for 5e.

Do you have any examples in official books you can point us to of characters with memorized spells in their statblocks? If so, they'd represent an official guideline as to what a statblock should include and how to format it and then we'd know how to display this information.

Let us know!
Is this not already included in the statblock output? The formatting is in the statblocks listed as the Spellcasting ability on spellcasters. Hero lab should be able to list this in the same format as it is listed in the Monster entries, if its not already included.

If the user is asking for a full text printout, they should be able to do that by printing out the spellbook directly if I am not mistaken under dossiers in print hero?

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote