Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Mathizsias

Old November 16th, 2015, 04:57 AM
There needs to be some other way of measuring/addressing a license, because this is one thing that always irked me about HeroLab. Floating licenses are the way to go nowadays. Using such a rigid method for software seems very passé to me.

That said, reassignment never has been a hassle, support is quick to reply and apparently there are better ideas on the way. Good to hear!

Last edited by Mathizsias; November 16th, 2015 at 04:59 AM.
Mathizsias is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 16th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathizsias View Post
There needs to be some other way of measuring/addressing a license, because this is one thing that always irked me about HeroLab. Floating licenses are the way to go nowadays. Using such a rigid method for software seems very passé to me.
Just remember, LWD answers to he license holder of the material, before they answer to us.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old November 16th, 2015, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathizsias View Post

That said, reassignment never has been a hassle, support is quick to reply and apparently there are better ideas on the way. Good to hear!
Floating licenses also require a permanent internet connection, which is unlikely for a lot of gamers who won't necessarily have access to wi-fi at their gaming table.
Farling is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Slimgauge

Old November 30th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I just bumped into this tonight. Since the "Move License To This Computer" option does not exist, can we at least get the error message/web page modified with the correct directions on what exactly I'm supposed to do ?

EDIT: I eventually guessed that "Reactivate License ..." was the thing to choose. I hope I was right, as my game is in an hour and 10 minutes.

The only thing worse than no documentation is WRONG documentation.

Last edited by Slimgauge; November 30th, 2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: added outcome
Slimgauge is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old November 30th, 2015, 03:30 PM
From all this negativity a /TIP of the hat.

I was forced to reload my desktop unexpectedly, which meant thanks to the recent major win10 update my Hero Lab became invalidated.

in less than 24hrs my license was reset by LWD support and I was back up in running this evening after getting home from work.

AWESOME service as always, only way you could make it better? Well if the email responce came with a free tinny.

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV
Exmortis is offline   #15 Reply With Quote