Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Dark Lord Galen

Old January 19th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@Aaron: Be careful what you wish. We're a surly crew you may not want boarding your ship....
I think the forum needs an "alias" alert like RW..... There goes Lawful G slipping in from the shadows under his alter ego Aaron....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I update major characters and keep a running tab on character leveling primarily. The red shirts and bit actors aren't worth focus unless they change roles or importance to the stories.
Same here EXACTLY... but have not found a "convenient" / "easy" way to do this within RW...
I had hopes with the integrate button, but seems to only remember the initial POR file attached, any changes made in herolab it "seems" oblivious to, unless I am totally overlooking something.

It would be nice to have a modification to this that uploads the latest POR files for attached "people".
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 19th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I do one extra step for my cast lists.... The cast lists are containers for all my main NPCs, but I do really care about the red shirts and bit actors too. I want to know where Carrie Anne Crueller is (the bakery shop), who she is (the baker) and a what she is (NG female halfling Com3). So I keep a master table in each cast list that includes EVERYONE, including all of the other people that would also be contained in that cast list if only the players needed to interact with them more often. The biggest downside to this is manual maintenance. And since it's a table I can't reveal individuals to players.

Rob had an interesting idea of making bit NPCs an alias for the area they are in. But I can't move the alias to the cast list container while also keeping the Bakery in the town container. I also considered making stubs for every single NPC but while the linkages would be epic and I'd be ready to go should I need to flesh someone out, that felt way too clunky and I'd never remember who was a main NPC and who was essentially just a piece of furniture.
AEIOU is offline   #12 Reply With Quote