Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

candidgamera

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:02 PM
Is there a house rule or other module that adds the style feats from Ultimate Combat to the Monk's bonus feat list? Or would I basically need to clone the Monk class (if that's even possible) and modify its bonus feat selections?

I don't see anything obvious, but I had a player inquire about the option for an upcoming game, and it seems a reasonable substitution.
candidgamera is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Hmmm. May be simpler than I thought. I was able to add an Alternate Monk class and select Style feats as options for their bonus selections - the only downside is that they ALL appear at level 1, but honestly, it's good enough for me for now.
candidgamera is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Is there a house rule or other module that adds the style feats from Ultimate Combat to the Monk's bonus feat list? Or would I basically need to clone the Monk class (if that's even possible) and modify its bonus feat selections?

I don't see anything obvious, but I had a player inquire about the option for an upcoming game, and it seems a reasonable substitution.
You could build an archetype to handle this, rather than modify a base class.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I concur with RavenX, an archetype would be easiest. And it can be as simple as clicking the add style feats checkbox under addtional bonus feats, it's a little more complex if you want different feats to be available at different levels. You'll need to add a script that when a specific level is met you add the fInclude.FEATUID tag to the archetype.

This is assuming I'm remembering correctly, brain is getting frazzled working on monsters lately and not class abilities much.
AndrewD2 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Archetypes are pretty easy to make in game, and they can modify or replace class features, but they are easy enough to implement on their own.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old March 18th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I agree with RavenX and AndrewD2, archetype is the way to go here and there is already an archetype that provides this... Master of Many Styles. Assuming I am understanding what you are after here.
Anpumes is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 18th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Master of Many Styles would do it, but I believe the player had another archetype in mind. That would also nix making my own custom archetype.
candidgamera is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Anpumes

Old March 18th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candidgamera View Post
Master of Many Styles would do it, but I believe the player had another archetype in mind. That would also nix making my own custom archetype.
In this circumstance, I'd still build a custom archetype to handle what the player wants and simply borrow the code (or pieces thereof) that suite the needs of the archetype and the player, while being careful to maintain game balance. Archetypes are easier to setup than a fully new class.
Anpumes is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
candidgamera

Old March 19th, 2014, 06:54 AM
I'll bear that in mind. Thanks!
candidgamera is offline   #9 Reply With Quote