Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

weogarth

Old September 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
Hi,

Just made my first community entry and there are a few that I have questions on the size of. Normally, I'd just make my own judgements but since we're going to be working with shared content, I was wondering if the folks at LWD would create a guideline/template of their thoughts of each type's population, or at least the order of, so we can all be on the same page?

My key questions are with outpost v hamlet and metropolis v megacity. Also, I'd find Small Village and Large Village useful.

Thanks!

Gary
weogarth is offline   #1
Silveras

Old September 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
The sizes in the default data set match d20/Pathfinder usage, mostly. I would expect that there would be some variation in these choices based on the genre and rules system. How that will work, I don't know, but because the choices will be system-dependent in some case, I don't think we'll see any specifics on population from LoneWolf.
Silveras is offline   #2
weogarth

Old September 21st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
The sizes in the default data set match d20/Pathfinder usage, mostly. I would expect that there would be some variation in these choices based on the genre and rules system. How that will work, I don't know, but because the choices will be system-dependent in some case, I don't think we'll see any specifics on population from LoneWolf.
Hmmm...I don't use Pathfinder (yet?) but on the SRD, I see that it's the exact same list as in the DMG with no outpost or megacity in it.
weogarth is offline   #3
ChrisRevocateur

Old September 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weogarth View Post
Hmmm...I don't use Pathfinder (yet?) but on the SRD, I see that it's the exact same list as in the DMG with no outpost or megacity in it.
Pathfinder, being a direct descendant of 3.5, inherited the exact same community sizes. No mega-city or outpost, that's the RW teams contribution, probably to fit sci-fi games with their planet sized cities and such.

As an aside, yet is probably right.
Pathfinder System Reference Document

They not only streamlined some of the problems and re-balanced the classes, but they've stuck to a policy of putting ALL their non-setting specific splatbooks into the PRD as well, meaning that unlike 3.5, where you had to buy the book to play a duskblade (at least without pirating), you can use the PRD to play a Magus.
ChrisRevocateur is offline   #4
Silveras

Old September 21st, 2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
Pathfinder, being a direct descendant of 3.5, inherited the exact same community sizes. No mega-city or outpost, that's the RW teams contribution, probably to fit sci-fi games with their planet sized cities and such.

As an aside, yet is probably right.
Pathfinder System Reference Document

They not only streamlined some of the problems and re-balanced the classes, but they've stuck to a policy of putting ALL their non-setting specific splatbooks into the PRD as well, meaning that unlike 3.5, where you had to buy the book to play a duskblade (at least without pirating), you can use the PRD to play a Magus.
Yes, that's why I said "mostly".. it contains the d20/Pathfinder sizes plus two more.
Silveras is offline   #5
weogarth

Old September 21st, 2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Yes, that's why I said "mostly".. it contains the d20/Pathfinder sizes plus two more.
Sorry, I misread. I thought you were stating/implying that between the two, they were all included.
weogarth is offline   #6
Silveras

Old September 21st, 2013, 04:50 PM
No, no worries. What I was mostly getting at is that because those are *mostly* d20 and Pathfinder based, but the application is intended not to be tied to any one system, I doubt that we will see any specific population numbers -- because those would all be system-specific.
Silveras is offline   #7