Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Vrischika111

Old August 3rd, 2017, 12:15 AM
hi guys !
first, thanks for the good job, the new features and the excellent follow-up on new stuff and bugfixes (and sneak errata) !

now I have a question, as the time for my notebook replacement is near :
do you plan to support windows 10S

the limitation is that only application from store will be installable (meaning that HL should be on windows store)

thanks;
Vrischika111 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Togainu

Old August 3rd, 2017, 06:04 AM
Well the limitation of the OS is that you can just run Windows Store applications.

However UWP applications (the stuff (not using the bridge) in the store) actually have a lot of limitations and programming alterations based on calls/APIs in the background. Depending on how Hero Lab is currently build and seeing it is a piece of software existing for a long time already. It will require likely a LARGE rewrite of the code to make it work nicely. (I know there is a bridge that should allow for normal win32/.net software but not sure of the bridges capabilities haven't used that myself)

This said Hero Lab Online is currently in the works. Which is likely a web based interface for Hero Lab. This should just work in Microsoft Edge. However we don't currently have a lot of information in regards to release schedules and how things will work.

Last edited by Togainu; August 3rd, 2017 at 06:17 AM.
Togainu is offline   #2 Reply With Quote