Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Orudeon

Old October 3rd, 2015, 03:57 PM
Is it possible to add Special Traits to the SPECIAL tab, like Ambidextrous (positive quality) or Hermetic Aspected Magician (Sorcery) (Positive Quality) to force Hero Lab to let a character equip it? For roleplaying reasons one of my players isn't a latent magician anymore, but I have to remake their portfolio to change it from Priority E: Mundane, and that'll mess up a bunch of other things in the process.

Or is there some other solution to this that I'm overlooking? Basically anything that would unlock Spellcasting as a skill on someone who otherwise is Mundane according to HL.

Last edited by Orudeon; October 4th, 2015 at 03:13 PM.
Orudeon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Orudeon

Old October 6th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Alternatively, is there some way to make a quality that grants a Priority E character 1 point of magic rating and the benefits of being a Sorcerer, Enchanter, Magician, etc.?
Orudeon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
seelenamt

Old October 6th, 2015, 04:33 PM
So I gave the editor a quick look (mind you I am by no means experienced with it), it's under tools>show editor at the top left, and if you create a new data file and navigate to qualities and create (copy) you'll see that there are qualities for Magicians, Adepts, Mystic Adepts, and Aspected mages. Pick the one your player's character will become.
  • With this open, scroll down to "Special Abilities". Write down all the boxes checked under "Capabilities Added" and "Allows Astral/VR Access?". Delete the copy you've just made
  • Create a new (Blank), give it a name and a UniqueId, i.e. "Latent Magician" and "quLatntmg" (The UniqueId can be whatever you want but for the sake of cleanliness name it something relevant.) Also fill in the Description Text Box if that's your thing.
  • Under "Magic & Resonance Qualities" where it says "Minimum Magic & Resonance" set that to E, and set the "Maximum Magic & Resonance" to E as well. Then Click "Mentor Spirit Power Used" and set that to Adept or Magician, depending on what their latent awakening is.
  • A little further down where it says "Magic at Priority E" set that to 1
  • Finally at the bottom under sources, create a new source, name it "Houserules", and give it a unique ID.
  • To test it, click "Test", then hit Ctrl+K and check the "Houserules" source, hit OK, go into positive qualities and check that it's there, if it is, continue.
  • Go to the profile of the character in question, hit Ctrl+K and check "Houserules" again. Try adding the quality and it should work

Be aware that this won't work on copies of herolab that don't have the custom file you just made. (Though you can, of course, copy the file onto a flash drive and transfer it.)

I'm going to tool around with this for a little while longer and see if I can get a more proper way of doing it.

EDIT: Just figured it out. The instructions have been modified accordingly

Last edited by seelenamt; October 6th, 2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Tried to clean up formatting
seelenamt is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Orudeon

Old October 6th, 2015, 04:52 PM
YOU ARE MY HERO

Now to figure out how to correct the validation errors of negative two spells learned and change the tradition
Orudeon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
seelenamt

Old October 6th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orudeon View Post
YOU ARE MY HERO

Now to figure out how to correct the validation errors of negative two spells learned and change the tradition
Yeah I've been actively editing my post since you've posted :P.

See if the set of instructions I've just added fix that. If not I'll stick around and see if I can't help.
seelenamt is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Orudeon

Old October 6th, 2015, 05:11 PM
I figured out what it is. The character has over 1 point of essence consumed from implantation, setting their 'Magic' to -1, and Hero Lab doesn't like that, ergo it's saying they're 2 spells overspent because they can only learn -2 spells.

Some free karma advancements to magic to set it to 1 should rectify that.
Orudeon is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
seelenamt

Old October 6th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Testing it on a character in the advancement phase I'm getting the same problems you are, though it says that I have -10 spells...

Looking into it it also will not allow you to initiate because "Your initiate grade cannot exceed your Magic rating" so this might be an issue one of the people behind the scenes has to look into unfortunately...
seelenamt is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
seelenamt

Old October 6th, 2015, 05:14 PM
Quote:
I figured out what it is. The character has over 1 point of essence consumed from implantation, setting their 'Magic' to -1, and Hero Lab doesn't like that, ergo it's saying they're 2 spells overspent because they can only learn -2 spells.

Some free karma advancements to magic to set it to 1 should rectify that.
Ah, see if fixing that will allow you to initiate as well.
seelenamt is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Orudeon

Old October 6th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenamt View Post
Ah, see if fixing that will allow you to initiate as well.
Sure did! The only issue now is karma overspent from all this advancement testing. Thank you so much for the help!
Orudeon is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
seelenamt

Old October 6th, 2015, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Sure did! The only issue now is karma overspent from all this advancement testing. Thank you so much for the help!
No problem, glad you were able to find a fix there- Did you manage to find a way to change your tradition?
seelenamt is offline   #10 Reply With Quote