Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

DariusLeStrange

Old November 6th, 2022, 01:19 AM
I'm putting together a level 4 experimental weapon mechanic and have found an apparent issue in herolab. Even though I select heavy weapon proficiency from the alternate class feature, I don't seem to be getting to add level to damage, i.e. weapon specialization doesn't seem to be applying for heavy weapons. Am I missing something in the rules or is this a bug?
DariusLeStrange is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old November 6th, 2022, 10:02 PM
Report it as a bug from within HLO - this is generally a good idea if something doesn't work the way you ewxpect. You'll get a response if it is a bug, or more detail if you missed something.
I can't check in HLO atm... but from what I see you should get the level damage bonus from Superior Firepower. So, did you mean Superior Firepower is not giving you the bonus, or do you have Weapon Specialization in Heavy Weapons as well? Maybe they don't stack. Also, you only get the SF bonus as a move action, so you did you activate SP on the In Play tab?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DariusLeStrange

Old November 8th, 2022, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
Report it as a bug from within HLO - this is generally a good idea if something doesn't work the way you ewxpect. You'll get a response if it is a bug, or more detail if you missed something.
I can't check in HLO atm... but from what I see you should get the level damage bonus from Superior Firepower. So, did you mean Superior Firepower is not giving you the bonus, or do you have Weapon Specialization in Heavy Weapons as well? Maybe they don't stack. Also, you only get the SF bonus as a move action, so you did you activate SP on the In Play tab?
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll send a bug report.

The issue is with weapon specialization, not with Superior Firepower. SF works correctly when toggled on. There's just no static bonus from weapon specialization, even though the character is level 4 and should count as having heavy weapon proficiency from taking an experimental heavy weapon.
DariusLeStrange is offline   #3 Reply With Quote