Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 4th, 2020, 01:52 PM
I got my hands on a stock file with a lot of character sheets in it (long story), which I am researching to see how I can model new characters from. Basically, they would be starting points I would customize from.

This is clearly the sort of thing HL Classic is intended to do, and so far I've been lucky enough not to overwrite any of the stock characters in the file. I'm just trying to figure out how to extract the character from the stock portfolio into a new one where I can change things at will. I've done it before, but I'm not sure how I did.

It's been a while, but it so happens that I need to write in that system for a current project. Where in the online docs can I look for a solution?
MPHopcroft is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old December 4th, 2020, 02:00 PM
1. Open a new file, then IMPORT from the stock file.
2. Make a copy of the stock file, name it what you want and start changing.

It also should be possible for you to change the .stock to .por to actually make it a portfolio.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 4th, 2020, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
1. Open a new file, then IMPORT from the stock file.
2. Make a copy of the stock file, name it what you want and start changing.

It also should be possible for you to change the .stock to .por to actually make it a portfolio.
Thank you.
MPHopcroft is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 5th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Indeed. The only difference between .stock and .portfolio is that the former is utilized for the Encounter Builder. And, of course, both can be read as ZIP archives that include HTML, text, and BBCode statblocks for the character.
Duggan is offline   #4 Reply With Quote