Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Seregil

Old December 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
After calendars
LOL!
Ok, maybe...but no. :-)
Seregil is offline   #11
Chemlak

Old December 19th, 2014, 10:47 AM
It might be worth me pointing out that player/character journals are, in fact, number 2 on my personal list.

After calendars
Chemlak is offline   #12
Parody

Old December 19th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Hmm...I think all this grandstanding means I'll put Calendars and Journals at the very bottom, right below undoing the custom scrollbars. :)

But seriously, the interesting thing to see would be what comes in after the top few* picks. There's a couple very popular requests but a lot of other ones.

* Few because we don't know how much they may break down various requests; will there be one "Calendars" entry or, say, 15 different smaller things about them?

Last edited by Parody; December 19th, 2014 at 11:05 AM.
Parody is offline   #13
Acenoid

Old December 19th, 2014, 01:18 PM
then youll have your calendars and just to realize that better streamlined UI , better data entry and import / export functions are heartly missed.... so be it

I think this is the most anticipated - and announced, re-announced, delayed, moved, survey in world history....

EDIT: I hope these placeholders will be filled within the next couple of hours
Acenoid is offline   #14
Dredemer

Old December 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
I'm new here, so when you talk of changing the calendars, i am assuming that the calendar would be able to accomodate many different date formats?

If I will be able to enter Traveller datecodes like... 054-1116 (54th day of the 116 year)....then by all means...

calendars
calendars
calendars
Dredemer is offline   #15
Viking2054

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:12 PM
For calendars, I want total customization like...

10 day weeks, 3 week months, 3 months to a season and 8 seasons...
or
4 day weeks, 47 day months, 900 day years...
or anything else I can imagine.

I'd also like to be able to enter distance from the sun, orbit type (circular or elliptical) with a variance. Size and type of the sun, Distance of moon or moons from the planet, other planets in the system with their distance from the sun and orbit information. Then enter a date for when everything lines up. Then have RW calculate everything like lunar eclipses, solar eclipses, visible planets as bright objects in the sky. Then tell me how long a year is in days, hours and minutes so I can approve an accurate solar calendar with leap years and such. After that let me create societal calendars that can be linked to the accurate solar calendar.
Viking2054 is offline   #16
Seregil

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Uh oh Chemlak, they are coming for you....

Realm Work Feature Lobbying
Seregil is offline   #17
Chemlak

Old December 19th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Dredemer: when we speak of calendars, we mean the ability to create our own custom calendars. For me, this means being able to implement the calendar of Harptos from the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, which is actually quite simple: 60 seconds to the minute, 60 minutes to the hour, 24 hours to the day, 10 days to the ride, 3 rides to the month, 12 months to the year, with 5 days that fall outside the months, and an extra day every 4 years. Oh, and that's alongside a lunar calendar with a 28 day cycle.

The date entry snippet already in RW uses the full-blown (I've previously characterised it as batshit insane) Gregorian calendar in all its glory, and was built using the calendar tool.

Viking, for the first part, yes. It can be done. For the second... You need full-blown astrographic software. The sums are actually pretty easy for all that stuff, but it's a bit beyond RW's scope.
Chemlak is offline   #18
Chemlak

Old December 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregil View Post
Uh oh Chemlak, they are coming for you....

Realm Work Feature Lobbying
I saw that a few minutes ago. And I'm very glad. I've previously told Rob and Liz that I'm going to be pushing for calendars (as well as "tell me to shut up, if you want"). Having a specific location to do it just makes it easier.

Calendars will make RW a one-stop-shop for me as a GM, in recording my campaigns. Journals will do the same for my players. Print will be helpful, but not essential, likewise with exporting data. Those are my major hits (I'm ignoring web access and content market/community repository because I know those are LWD's top items already). Pretty much everything else can take a backseat as far as I'm concerned.
Chemlak is offline   #19
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 19th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
After calendars
X2 on both
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #20
Closed Thread