Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

camelon75

Old June 28th, 2009, 07:16 AM
hi, I am a UK gamer and get right royally stiffed by my bank for american dollar based subscriptions as such I do not have a DDI sub,

What will Hero lab allow me to do without that subscription?

The 4E HL page just says some feature require a DDI sub?

I am looking for a 4E character programme to manage my PCs and As ai already own HL I thought it might do the trick.
camelon75 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 30th, 2009, 11:41 AM
The 4E data files for HL provides all the mechanics for the game system - but only the mechanics. There is a separate downloader and conversion tool includes with those data files. This tool will pull down all of the DDI content (e.g. classes, feats, spells, etc.) and then make it available for use with the 4E data files.

If you have a DDI subscription, you'll get access to everything within DDI. If you do *not* have a DDI subscription, then you'll only get access to the more limited content that is available online to non-subscribers. You can see exactly what information you will have access to by perusing DDI without a subscription.

If you don't have a DDI subscription, you can readily use HL's integrated Editor to add whatever content you want that isn't included with the DDI subscription. Having the DDI subscription simply eliminates the need to add any content yourself.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gamera_spinning

Old July 4th, 2009, 10:22 AM
The 4E data files for HL provides all the mechanics for the game system - but only the mechanics. There is a separate downloader and conversion tool includes with those data files. This tool will pull down all of the DDI content (e.g. classes, feats, spells, etc.) and then make it available for use with the 4E data files.

If you have a DDI subscription, you'll get access to everything within DDI. If you do *not* have a DDI subscription, then you'll only get access to the more limited content that is available online to non-subscribers. You can see exactly what information you will have access to by perusing DDI without a subscription

I recently purchased the 4e Data Files for HL, and I have an active DDI subscription. I ran the downloader program selecting that I have a DDI sub, and it seems to have imported only classes and races from the PHB and nothing from the PHB 2 or the other books, the data for which are available on DDI. I ran the downloader again and it didn't change the result. Am I doing something wrong?
gamera_spinning is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gamera_spinning

Old July 5th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I recently purchased the 4e Data Files for HL, and I have an active DDI subscription. I ran the downloader program selecting that I have a DDI sub, and it seems to have imported only classes and races from the PHB and nothing from the PHB 2 or the other books, the data for which are available on DDI. I ran the downloader again and it didn't change the result. Am I doing something wrong?

I figured out the problem: I hadn't gone to the configure hero form, pressed the clipboard icon and selected all the books I wanted to use. My bad, though it might be handy to note that in the documentation.
gamera_spinning is offline   #4 Reply With Quote