Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

TCArknight

Old February 14th, 2019, 08:01 AM
I should be able to get it out by Saturday morning (CST) at the latest.....

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #61 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 14th, 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Focuses aren't showing on the character sheet when saved as a PDF. A sample is attached, if I did things right....
I’ve got this and the “SPECIAL ABILITIES” header noted as issues as well.

I really appreciate the help on this!

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #62 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 15th, 2019, 09:58 PM
You are probably already aware of and working on it, but out of curiosity, are you dealing with the descriptions for talents on the character sheet?

I noticed a while back that the talents will show, and one or two words of the description, then it gets cut off on the character sheet. There is also no 'Long/Detailed Descriptions' option for the character sheets. (I can't remember if I brought it up before, either in my fixes or the text file for updates made. I did not have any clue how to fix this issue myself, although if I delved deep in one of the other game files I could probably find a solution.)
SSiron is offline   #63 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 16th, 2019, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSiron View Post
You are probably already aware of and working on it, but out of curiosity, are you dealing with the descriptions for talents on the character sheet?

I noticed a while back that the talents will show, and one or two words of the description, then it gets cut off on the character sheet. There is also no 'Long/Detailed Descriptions' option for the character sheets. (I can't remember if I brought it up before, either in my fixes or the text file for updates made. I did not have any clue how to fix this issue myself, although if I delved deep in one of the other game files I could probably find a solution.)
I noticed that last night when trying to fix a couple of other things. If I can get that figured out, I may go ahead and release an update.... Just figured it out. I will probably do an update later today.

Working on -

Last edited by TCArknight; February 16th, 2019 at 06:16 AM.
TCArknight is offline   #64 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 16th, 2019, 01:32 PM
New update should be available now.

Working on -
TCArknight is offline   #65 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 17th, 2019, 09:46 AM
I had an inspiration last night.

Version 1.5 is now available . This adds Mixed Heritage as a species (separated at the top of the list) and allows for the proper selection of attributes based on species.

When Mixed Heritage is chosen as the species there will be a selection in the middle of the species tab where you select the appropriate species. However, before any attribute selection takes place, the button labeled "Add Traits" must be clicked. This will add the appropriate traits to the character and populate/make visible the attribute selections.

I'm also opening this up for anyone who wants to give it a whirl.

Add "https://www.dropbox.com/s/qnhleith4exfa1o/updates.xml?dl=1" to your update sources and this should allow you to fully use STA if you have the Authoring Kit/Savage Worlds data as part of your license.

Please! Please! Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks!
Thomas

Working on -

Last edited by TCArknight; February 17th, 2019 at 09:51 AM.
TCArknight is offline   #66 Reply With Quote
SSiron

Old February 17th, 2019, 04:55 PM
I don't see any of your newest updates on the Github link I have, and that update source link doesn't seem to work for me. Unless I am doing something wrong with it.

Downloaded the file and added it to the game file folder, and added it to the sources list on checking for updates. Neither method worked.
SSiron is offline   #67 Reply With Quote
TCArknight

Old February 18th, 2019, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSiron View Post
I don't see any of your newest updates on the Github link I have, and that update source link doesn't seem to work for me. Unless I am doing something wrong with it.

Downloaded the file and added it to the game file folder, and added it to the sources list on checking for updates. Neither method worked.
My bad.

Seems I forgot to push my changes from my desktop to the repository. They're there now.

If you've added that as a source, try deleting the existing stadventures folder first, then look for the Star Trek Adventures listing in the updates list. You should see an entry "Star Trek Adventures (v1.5)" near the bottom of the list. If you see that, download it and that should update completely.

(see the attached Source Screenshot.jpg and Source Screenshot 2)

You may need to exit and restart after adding the source.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg source screenshot 2.jpg (54.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg source screenshot.jpg (36.8 KB, 2 views)

Working on -

Last edited by TCArknight; February 18th, 2019 at 04:49 AM.
TCArknight is offline   #68 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old February 18th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Aesthetic issue: Traits appear to be auto-sorted alphabetically. This sometimes results in minor weirdness, especially with mixed species Traits. With the mixed species character, the Primary species should be listed first, with the secondary species listed second, even if it's not alphabetical. While B'Elanna Torres had her Human side as dominant, and thus would show up correctly as Human, Klingon, a character like Saavik, whose Vulcan half was dominant should be listed as Vulcan, Romulan. It automatically is sorted to Romulan, Vulcan.

Okay, Saavik might actually be Romulan, Vulcan because of her early childhood before she was found and raised by Spock and Sarek, but you see the issue.

Also, using the game's standard notation, Species Traits should show up first, with additional traits (Section 31, Cybernetic Limb, or whatever) showing up after the species Trait(s).
PGoodman13 is offline   #69 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13

Old February 18th, 2019, 07:23 AM
Gear Issue (Minor): Communicators and commbadges are two separate things, and should both be listed separately.

I run a late TOS-era game (2295), but allow a couple of TNG-era races since they were part of the Federation then (Trills and Betazoids, specifically), so I have both TOS and TNG eras checked when I create the character. When I give one of these characters a communicator, though, the program changes it to Commbadge because the TNG box is ticked, and this is not a good thing. It's not a major thing, to be sure, but it's not desired behavior.
PGoodman13 is offline   #70 Reply With Quote