Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,255

Old March 29th, 2021, 11:13 AM
New version 1.10 should be available from the update link in the post linked to below.

Quote:
v1.10
Release: 03/29/21
Fixed -
Career (Veteran Officer): now correctly counts the Veteran talent for the Talent tab to display 4 of 4 talents.
"Courier New" font for "fntLarge" replaced by Arial
fixed several species traits that prevented them from being used with Mixed Heritage "Add Traits"
Editor (Traits): changed from it_tagPick to it_taglist for Trait Category
Stock characters updated for new version

New -
Editor (Traits): added it_tagPick option to select SpeciesTrait.? for trait
Delta Quadrant Sourcebook
+ New Species and related Traits and Talents

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #171 Reply With Quote
jbearwillis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Independence, Mo
Posts: 762

Old March 29th, 2021, 07:21 PM
Thank you so much for all your work....
jbearwillis is offline   #172 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 78

Old April 21st, 2021, 05:13 PM
Finally letting me post!!

In an effort to have all the bugs in one place for easy reference, so that TCArknight doesn't have to look in several places for my prattling....

1. According to the core rulebook, page 248, the Miranda class was commissioned in 2274. According to the app (with dataset 1.10), it's commissioned in 2262. This gives it a refit that it's not entitled to.

2. It seems to calculate starship combat damage wrong. A scale 4 ship with Security 3 should have phaser damage of 7 and photon torpedo damage of 6; the ship I'm currently building is showing 8 and 7, respectively. (Later: Okay, so part of this is me misreading something; the ship in question has phaser banks, which increases the damage by one, so the 8 damage for phasers scans. Dunno why the photon torpedoes are showing as being 7 instead of 6, though.)

Last edited by PGoodman13; April 21st, 2021 at 05:17 PM.
PGoodman13 is offline   #173 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,255

Old April 22nd, 2021, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGoodman13 View Post
Finally letting me post!!

In an effort to have all the bugs in one place for easy reference, so that TCArknight doesn't have to look in several places for my prattling....

1. According to the core rulebook, page 248, the Miranda class was commissioned in 2274. According to the app (with dataset 1.10), it's commissioned in 2262. This gives it a refit that it's not entitled to.

2. It seems to calculate starship combat damage wrong. A scale 4 ship with Security 3 should have phaser damage of 7 and photon torpedo damage of 6; the ship I'm currently building is showing 8 and 7, respectively. (Later: Okay, so part of this is me misreading something; the ship in question has phaser banks, which increases the damage by one, so the 8 damage for phasers scans. Dunno why the photon torpedoes are showing as being 7 instead of 6, though.)
Thanks!

I'll check into these and see what can be done.

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #174 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 78

Old April 25th, 2021, 02:36 PM
An Intrepid class ship is showing up as Scale 0. All of its attacks are likewise showing as 0 [CD], to include photon torpedoes.

I haven't had a chance to dig through files, and honestly I don't know what I'd be looking for, but could the photon torpedoes be using Scale as a part of its calculation? Because that would lead to some of the numbers I'm seeing (though it wouldn't explain why this stock Intrepid with no mission profile as yet is showing 0 for its attacks, since they should at least be adding the Security stat).
PGoodman13 is offline   #175 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,255

Old April 30th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Ok, Intrepid and Miranda issues are fixed for next release.

Also, looks like Photon Torpedoes still were including the Scale in the Damage calculation when they shouldn't:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Core, pages 254-255
Unlike energy weapons, torpedoes don’t use the ship’s Scale as part of their damage value. Instead, they use the damage value listed below, and then add extra [CD] equal to the ship’s Security skill.
I just need to go through and make sure all Torps are set up correctly.

Anything else I missed?

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post

Last edited by TCArknight; April 30th, 2021 at 02:21 PM.
TCArknight is offline   #176 Reply With Quote
PGoodman13
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 78

Old May 1st, 2021, 06:57 AM
Not that I'm aware of, but I'm only now getting into ship construction within the app, if I'm honest.
PGoodman13 is offline   #177 Reply With Quote
Farling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greater London, UK
Posts: 2,417

Old May 3rd, 2021, 08:09 AM
I just tried loading v1.10 for the first time, but I get a host of errors:

All about non-existent components with various names: UserSelect, Custom, Tracker, CanAdvance, SpecialTab

Is a file missing which was supplied in an earlier version?

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156) and Output tools (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/amusingtime
Farling is offline   #178 Reply With Quote
TCArknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 1,255

Old May 3rd, 2021, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I just tried loading v1.10 for the first time, but I get a host of errors:

All about non-existent components with various names: UserSelect, Custom, Tracker, CanAdvance, SpecialTab

Is a file missing which was supplied in an earlier version?
Very odd.... do you have advancement.core and components.core? I believe components.core would contain the ones you had listed...

Working on -
  • (SWADE) WIP Savage Rifts
  • Savage Rifts (Deluxe): Update link in This post
  • Star Trek Adventures: Update link in This post
TCArknight is offline   #179 Reply With Quote
Farling
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Greater London, UK
Posts: 2,417

Old May 3rd, 2021, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
Very odd.... do you have advancement.core and components.core? I believe components.core would contain the ones you had listed...
Yes, those two files are missing.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58156) and Output tools (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59981)

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/amusingtime
Farling is offline   #180 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.