Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old January 12th, 2021, 11:34 AM
I actually put this in the Bug Reports thread originally, then realized it's probably not a bug but rather my misunderstanding. I've used the PF editor extensively, and though I'm a rank amateur I manage to muddle through. I may be getting tripped up on differences between the SW editor and the PF editor. Or maybe not...

I'm trying to make a custom race using the editor. I added the "Free Skill d4/d6" property. The hover-over notes say to make a copy of the property and bootstrap the appropriate skill. However, that property is not directly copy-able. It has to be recreated rather than copied.

Is this intentional?

I went ahead and did so. I then bootstrapped the Notice skill to my newly formed Property, and added the property to the race (saved and tested all of them as well). But when I make a character of that race the Notice skill still shows as d4 when bought as a Core Skill, and adding a dice still costs per book value. Clearly this isn't as straightforward as it seems.

Part of the problem seems to have been that I'd already added the Core Skills to the character. When I went back and deleted Notice, it removed the one I'd manually added and replaced it with the bootstrapped one.

However, when I added a level to move it up to d6 it still deducted the cost.

So it seems like there must be a way to make this racial property work with the Core Skills, and I'm just missing it?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 12th, 2021, 01:24 PM
I'll take a look. It's possible this is something else where the fix is already done in the package awaiting release.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 12th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Thanks, CC. Have you had any word on when they might give the update a going over, and release it?
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 13th, 2021, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
Howdy!

Is the free skill supposed to be at d6 level? The Helper.CoreSkill tag just ensures that the d4 rank is free. If you need the d6 to be as well, then you need to add this on the property at PreTraits/5000 before "Calc trtFinal"
Code:
#traitcreation[skNotice] += 1
With the bootstrap, that should give Notice at d6.
Thanks, TCArknight - that did the trick. For folks like me who're not as proficient, is there a way that could be automated in the original property somehow? Barring that, maybe further instructions given in the notes where the one's about copying the property are?

Also, I don't recall the option to place a script "before"/"after" being an option in the Pathfinder editor. Seems handy, though.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 13th, 2021, 06:34 PM
The before/after just gives a timing error if it's violated. The PreTraits/5000 controls the timing. "Calc trtFinal" is at Traits/3000.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 15th, 2021, 11:27 AM
Ah! There are definitely some differences between the two editors.

The Savage Pathfinder Kickstarter looming on the horizon is very exciting for me, but it's not due for publication until fourth quarter this year, and I'm afraid it will be a good long while after that before it gets put into HeroLab. Or at least a long while before it gets reviewed and approved . So I might end up trying to code more custom content - if so, I'll probably have more questions...

Last edited by Maidhc O Casain; January 15th, 2021 at 11:39 AM.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old January 16th, 2021, 10:13 AM
I don't know what the plans are for support for Savage Pathfinder in Hero Lab. They have not discussed it with me.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #7 Reply With Quote