Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Website Support > Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

mailpip

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Hey guys,

New user, and I have been enjoying Hero Lab's Pathfinder set on my mac laptop, great product. Today I was going to activate my second license on my windows desktop but I cannot access the development website (can't link my count is too low) either to download the windows executable or to activate my second license. I have tried chrome, firefox and ie on both my macos and windows systems. Is that site down? Any ETA on when its coming back up (I need to prep for the weekend!!! )?

Thanks,
Mike
mailpip is offline   #1
Zankabo

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I was trying to access lonewolfdevel.com so that I could buy a data pack for HeroLab, but I am getting a "This webpage is not available" msg from Chrome. Is the website down right now, and any idea when it might be back up?

Thanks,
-Zank
Zankabo is offline   #2
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Sorry guys, looks like we're having some website issues. We're working on getting things back up and running - I'll post here once we have things fixed.
Colen is offline   #3
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:04 AM
And it looks like we're back. We have people in meddling with the phone lines today, so it's possible they did something they weren't supposed to - I'll look into that ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience, all! Please let us know if you have further issues.
Colen is offline   #4
Zankabo

Old March 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Woo, it works and I bought the data pack I wanted.
Zankabo is offline   #5
Mojarda

Old April 11th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Looks like you're having issues again. Cant login to purchase a supplement package.
Mojarda is offline   #6
John
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojarda View Post
Looks like you're having issues again. Cant login to purchase a supplement package.
Thanks for the post. I've checked and everything seems to be working. Are you using IE by any chance? We have had some reports of people experiencing issues trying to make purchases using it, although we are not sure what is causing the problem. If you were using IE, please try using a different browser. If you continue to experience issues, please let us know. Thanks!
John is offline   #7
Knightblde

Old April 12th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I am having the same issue. It appears that I could purchase additional licenses if I needed to, but it won't let me open the addon pages.
Knightblde is offline   #8
Yobtar

Old April 12th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Thanks for the post. I've checked and everything seems to be working. Are you using IE by any chance? We have had some reports of people experiencing issues trying to make purchases using it, although we are not sure what is causing the problem. If you were using IE, please try using a different browser. If you continue to experience issues, please let us know. Thanks!
Wow so you want the customer who wants to buy a product from you to do all the legwork? Seems like a complete lack of concern for the customer.

Are you guys really that lazy or just technically inept to try to figure out what the IE issue could be? If you cant figure it out call someone outside of the company to figure it out.

Putting the burden of work on a customer who wishes to purchase a product you offer is really bad customer service.
Yobtar is offline   #9
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 13th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Or perhaps there's a different explanation that you might consider before leaping to conclusions...

Our entire web-based sales process is very dated, and it's being completely re-written, from scratch, over the next few months. We researched this problem with IE and it only started in the recent IE version, without us changing anything on our end for years. So something changed in the way IE handles things, and it's not something we did. Consequently, figuring out the issue and fixing it will be very time-consuming. More importantly, the issue only effects a small number of people with the latest version of IE.

Since we're already going to be re-writing the whole thing shortly, and figuring out the problem will take lots of time and effort that will be thrown away a short while later, it makes zero sense for us to fix the issue right now. Until the re-write is done, the small number of people who run into this issue will need to use to an alternate browser. Once the re-write is completed, lots of annoyances with the current system will go away for everyone, plus this recent issue that's arisen with IE will be gone. At that point, everybody will be much happier.

So please understand that we ARE working on this issue, and it's being addressed as part of the complete re-write.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by rob; April 13th, 2013 at 03:45 AM.
rob is offline   #10
Closed Thread