Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 18th, 2019, 05:46 AM
It's a bit sad that this is still, as best I can tell, the latest documentation. But indeed, thank you. I just happened on this topic. Now, I just need to find a way to make it readily readable on the Kindle...
Duggan is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Phrll

Old June 18th, 2019, 05:56 AM
Calibre can convert PDFs to other formats including some of the Kindle formats (not sure if it can convert to the newer ones without a plugin) but PDFs don't always convert very cleanly, particularly images.
Phrll is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 18th, 2019, 06:00 AM
{nods} I suspect I'll have better luck taking the extracted HTML and building my own book to import.
Duggan is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Venger

Old March 2nd, 2020, 08:31 AM
Very nice mod, thank you!
Venger is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mythanthor

Old May 5th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Huscurian has kindly rehosted this file, as the original domain is inactive.

https://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63283

Quote:
There is an Unofficial Hero Lab Authoring Kit PDF that you can download to learn how to use.

Noctifer is the one who linked the PDF but the website domain is not active. I have the PDF with me.

Download at your pleasure.

Unofficial HL Authoring Kit Manual
Mythanthor is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
tpkurilla

Old August 12th, 2020, 03:34 PM
The link provided will not download the file until I install Chrome extension(s) that I don't want.

Is there another less idiotic location that I can obtain the pdf?

edit: nm, I just managed to get the pdf by apparently clicking in a different order (I guess).

Last edited by tpkurilla; August 12th, 2020 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Found the answer
tpkurilla is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Madmaxneo

Old May 22nd, 2021, 08:02 AM
Now that they have finally repaired the HL import to Realm Works functionality I am here to see if this is still relevant. I remember trying to work with the Authoring kit and install a non standard system a while back but gave up on it because it was pretty complex. Someone told me it was painfully difficult for a programmer but next to impossible for someone who isn't a programmer.

I am not a programmer but I do have limited experience in javascript...lol

Has anyone ever figured out the authoring system well enough to add completely add a non supported system?

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old May 23rd, 2021, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmaxneo View Post
Now that they have finally repaired the HL import to Realm Works functionality I am here to see if this is still relevant. I remember trying to work with the Authoring kit and install a non standard system a while back but gave up on it because it was pretty complex. Someone told me it was painfully difficult for a programmer but next to impossible for someone who isn't a programmer.

I am not a programmer but I do have limited experience in javascript...lol

Has anyone ever figured out the authoring system well enough to add completely add a non supported system?
We have several mostly completed systems. I got far enough for my purposes for Planet Mercenary, although I haven't touched it in years.
Duggan is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Duggan

Old June 5th, 2021, 06:52 PM
https://archive.org/details/HeroLabAuthoringKitWiki also has a copy for in case the domain goes down again.
Duggan is offline   #19 Reply With Quote