Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

apollo0681

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugueGeneralHunter
I have something...
It works but it is not fully what I want.

Simply replace "emKnInner" with "emInnerCir" (this is a hold over from the old version {its still in the option list.}) Do NOT mirror it! This will cause an error. Simply add the option (No mods) and remove the other one.

The effect is the following:

When you take Knightly orders and add a preceptor both show up with a strength of 3 and take 1 core slot (As it should)
When you upgrade to inner circle the Knightly order's Strength moves to 4 the Preceptor's ST remains 3, BUT an option button is now visible that is labeled Inner circle. Check that and the Preceptor's ST jumps to 4.

The entire unit will move to Special and will only take one slot.
nice one have made the changes just gonna see if i can sort the luther huss bug then will put a file up for download
apollo0681 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old February 27th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Have put a file up for download

Fixed bug which was giving knights/preceptor +2 st rather than +1 with GW
Fixed bug inner circle knights/preceptor showing up as 2 special slots (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug with common magic items not showing up
Fixed bug allowing Spearman and Halberdiers detachments to have shields (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug to stop showing greatswords as an detachment option(thanks again Rugue)
Fixed bug Luthor Huss not counting as a priest of sigmar
Fixed bug Ludwig Schwarzhelms name was appearing as Luther Huss

let me know anymore errors
apollo0681 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RugueGeneralHunter

Old February 27th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the credit.
Let me know if there is any thing else I can do.

RG Hunter
RugueGeneralHunter is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
PaleKing

Old February 28th, 2007, 12:39 AM
This sounds like its coming along well. Cheers to all involved. I'll look forward to the update when I get home tonight.
PaleKing is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
PaleKing

Old February 28th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo0681

Fixed bug inner circle knights/preceptor showing up as 2 special slots (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug allowing Spearman and Halberdiers detachments to have shields (thanks Rugue)
Fixed bug to stop showing greatswords as an detachment option(thanks again Rugue)

Hi apollo,
When I fired up AB tonight it didn't offer me any updates. Are the fixes that you mentioned available as updates? Cheers
PaleKing is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old February 28th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleKing
Quote:

Hi apollo,
When I fired up AB tonight it didn't offer me any updates. Are the fixes that you mentioned available as updates? Cheers

u have to download the file from this site
http://support.wolflair.com/modules....ads&file=index

then delete the numbers in the filename then cut and paste the new file into the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer replacing the old empire file.

or if u knew all that and was just wondering if there would be an offical update then

NO
apollo0681 is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
PaleKing

Old March 1st, 2007, 12:15 AM
No, I didn't know any of this. It dosn't make any of this clear on Army Builder. I'm not trying to hassle people, I'm just someone who bought Army Builder only to discover that it dosn't actually support my army, which I'm surprised and disapointed by because I would have thought that WFB was one of the best supoprted games in the world. I'm on these forums to try and get some inkling as to whether the Empire files will ever appear, not to try and hassle people .

So, if anyone would help me with a couple of questions I'd be grateful -

- When does a file move from the manual downloads section of this site to become an auto-download update within Army Builder, and who is responsible for implementing it into AB as an update?

- Also, could anyone please give me a step by step (for a computer layman) as to what I need to do to manually download a file, i.e which numbers to delete and which file to over-write (as I'm confused as to why apollo says that there will be no official update when it seems that the main bugs are fixed).

Cheers for any help.
PaleKing is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
PaleKing

Old March 1st, 2007, 03:03 PM
Woohoo, that looks like it's working. Thanks for all the work.

PAul
PaleKing is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
lindemann

Old March 2nd, 2007, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi apollo,

then delete the numbers in the filename then cut and paste the new file into the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer replacing the old empire file.

or if u knew all that and was just wondering if there would be an offical update then

NO
Hi folks - like the other person posting about the Empire bugs/fixes I don't understand how to get them into my Army Builder? I have managed to get a file called 'empire280207.dat' onto my desk top but have no idea what to do with it and to be honest your explanation above made no sense to me...delete the numbers in the filename??? What numbers in what filename.

Is there no chance of getting these bug fixes made into a regular update please - I'm afraid there's a bunch of us techno-challenged folk getting extremely frustrated with Army Builder not being able to provide a user friendly update to the Empire rules.

I've used Army Builder for years and never experienced this much trouble getting some bugs updated.

Please help. :?
lindemann is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old March 3rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindemann
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi apollo,

NO
Hi folks - like the other person posting about the Empire bugs/fixes I don't understand how to get them into my Army Builder? I have managed to get a file called 'empire280207.dat' onto my desk top but have no idea what to do with it and to be honest your explanation above made no sense to me...delete the numbers in the filename??? What numbers in what filename.

Is there no chance of getting these bug fixes made into a regular update please - I'm afraid there's a bunch of us techno-challenged folk getting extremely frustrated with Army Builder not being able to provide a user friendly update to the Empire rules.

I've used Army Builder for years and never experienced this much trouble getting some bugs updated.

Please help. :?
Apologies for my extremely techinal and difficult explanation as for how to get the file to work. i shall try and put it more simply

firstly when i said delete the numbers in the filename (empire280207.dat)

this actually means delete the numbers in the filename!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so you change the file name from empire280207.dat to empire.dat.

you then copy the file from your desktop and put it in the WH6 folder in the army builder directory on your computer.

im sorry i really dont get what there is not to undestand. over 1000 people have downloaded the various updates i have put over the past few months this is the first time i have needed to explain what to do in any detail.
apollo0681 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote