Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Diaz Ex Machina

Old April 21st, 2022, 05:44 PM
Is it possible to completely overwrite the existing vanilla versions of Barbarian, Monk, and Rogue with their Unchained counterparts WITHOUT enabling Pathfinder Unchained in the options?
I'm trying to do this with the Barbarian, created a new class simply called "Barbarian" with the Unchained abilities. Everything works fine, until I try to replace the core Barbarian class; when I do it gives me this warning whenever I enter or exit the class selection window:

This is because my new class is treated as both an alternative and a parent class for the two Barbarian classes:

What can I do? Do I have to hide/preclude the original class? Or is it just an impossible thing what I'm trying to achieve?
Thank you in advance for your help and time.

EDIT 1: I also get this error now:

EDIT 2: I'm trying also to create a new prestige class, but I keep getting this warning when adding its levels to my hero:

It also doesn't give any HD or anything else.

EDIT 3:Solved the prestige class problem, I had the wrong Source checked...

Last edited by Diaz Ex Machina; April 21st, 2022 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Solved issue with newly created PrC.
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old April 21st, 2022, 11:35 PM
I would suggest extending the original Barbarian class thing to add the tag "Helper.Obsolete" rather than hiding it. That should keep it out of the class chooser without major side effects.

Then you can just use leave the normal unchained barbarian available (and use the same "Helper.Obsolete" tag on any other class versions from Unchained you don't want available).
Or use your copy as a new class, without replacing anything.

Note: Using extthing (aka Extend Thing in the editor) does share a drawback with hidden and preclude though, which is that it can't be limited to a source. So any time your data file is installed, the Barbarian class will be tagged with Helper.Obsolete even if your source isn't active.

Theoretically... instead of using extthing you could replace the original Barbarian thing with an identical copy that just has the Helper.Obsolete tag added, since the replacement thing can be tied to a source and won't load if your source isn't active. But that seems like a lot of extra work.
ploturo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old April 21st, 2022, 11:52 PM
Assuming the problem with your prestige class isn't barbarian related, you'll probably need to post the prereq script(s) you wrote.

It sounds like there is a problem with a context transition, and you have "master" in there somewhere where you intended something else.
ploturo is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Diaz Ex Machina

Old April 21st, 2022, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploturo View Post
Assuming the problem with your prestige class isn't barbarian related, you'll probably need to post the prereq script(s) you wrote.

It sounds like there is a problem with a context transition, and you have "master" in there somewhere where you intended something else.
I've solved the prestige class problem, I had the wrong Source checked...

Though another problem rose: I'm trying to recreate the Blackguard PrC from the Dungeon Master's Guide 3.5, but I can't give it the channel negative energy ability, nor a spell list. Any suggestion about these issues?
Diaz Ex Machina is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ploturo

Old April 22nd, 2022, 12:54 AM
Regarding adding spell casting to a class, there is a tutorial about that here that might help:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54938

I haven't messed around with channeling stuff, so my only advice would be to try to look at the tags on a neutral cleric with negative channeling, and see what class abilities the cleric has bootstrapped.
ploturo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 22nd, 2022, 03:06 PM
I remember them saying some of the stuff (like classes) was hard coded so they couldn't be changed.

But people have recommended doing a copy of something, and then modifying your copy of whatever you copied.
Ualaa is offline   #6 Reply With Quote