Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

stuartwaring

Old July 24th, 2021, 01:42 PM
Hi, I am about to start running ROTRL, and to make life easier, I purchased the GM content.

My plan was to create all the encounters in HLC, then upload into HLO. However, everytime I trie to upload a .por file it fails - I get an "Error"

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks
stuartwaring is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 24th, 2021, 03:04 PM
Are you talking about exporting the encounters that you can purchase for HLC? HLC/O won't import that content; it appears to be intentional to limit file-sharing of the encounters but it's frustrating when the GM content isn't available for HLO.
mototom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 24th, 2021, 05:27 PM
Yes thats what I am trying to do. I figured once it was saved as a POR file it wouldn't know - it would treat it as if I built it with the encounter builder. It should be that given my licences are linked that it should allow me to upload them

That said I currently cant upload anything without an error!
stuartwaring is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 24th, 2021, 08:09 PM
It does appear to know the source of the heroes in a portfolio. I create any portfolio in HLC, add an encounter to it, and only the non-encounter heroes in the POR will import.

I'm guessing that info is contained in the non-human-readable XML files inside the POR package but that's just a guess.
mototom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 25th, 2021, 12:01 AM
Must be right. Hopefully someone from LWD will chime in to confirm this, but if this is true I feel like I just wasted $25 as the warning that I saw was not especially clear. It did say "This content will be fully unlocked within Hero Lab Classic, but the prepared encounters will only appear in Hero Lab Online once the necessary support is added.", but I assumed that meant they could not be added in HLO - not that an upload from HLC would be blocked.
stuartwaring is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 25th, 2021, 10:19 AM
There's no question this is the issue. In another thread, someone identified the error preventing those characters from loading. It appears that it checks the license associated with the encounter library, and the HLO import can't reconcile the license from HLC while importing.

If you were to add your own characters to that encounter, it will import your original characters and skip those from the Encounter Library. There's been no update from Lone Wolf on when the importer might be fixed or Encounter Libraries added to HLO.
mototom is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
stuartwaring

Old July 25th, 2021, 11:36 AM
Thanks man. That's pretty annoying as I pushed everyone onto HLO, specifically with running AP's in mind
stuartwaring is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
mototom

Old July 25th, 2021, 09:21 PM
I hear you. I have a lot of the encounter content myself, and find myself doing everything in HLC for this very reason.
mototom is offline   #8 Reply With Quote