Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jeff Wilder

Old September 6th, 2023, 12:39 PM
I have everything (not 3PP) available for Pathfinder 1E in Hero Lab Classic, and I have a total of four licenses.

I'm very confused about if and how I can transfer a license to use Pathfinder 1E in Hero Lab Online for my Android tablet.

I'm a long time IT guy, but I just keep seeming to go around in circles on the Lone Wolf site, trying to work out what I need to do.

Can anybody help?

--
Jeff Wilder - San Francisco Bay Area
Currently GMing Pathfinder 1E
And if you bore me, you lose your soul to me. - Belly
Jeff Wilder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 6th, 2023, 01:19 PM
Here's the general procedure. I don't know if/how much of this you might have done already.

1. Go to https://www.lonewolfdevel.com/ .
  2. If you don't have an account there, make one.
  3. Log in.

Associate your HLC licenses with this account:
  1. In the top bar, select your account name and then Manage Account.
  2. In the list of pages on the left, pick "Classic Licenses".
  3. Under "Associate Classic Licenses", put in a license number and the associated email address, then click "Associate License to My Account".
  4. If necessary, do this for each of your Classic licenses. (You should have at least 2, you may have more; I don't remember if you have to do each one or if it picks up all the linked ones for you.)

Enable PF1 in Hero Lab Online:
  1. In the list on the left, select Store. (From the Home page, select "Shop Hero Lab".)
  2. Pick "Pathfinder 1st Edition" in the Hybrid (center) column.
  3. Here I can't tell you exactly what to pick since their store hides things, but you're looking for an "Add PF1 Classic purchases to HLO" option (~$10, IIRC). This should be an alternative to purchasing PF1 system access outright. ($25)
  4. If you don't already have some, you'll also have to buy HLO access time.

Once you have your previous purchases added to HLO, you can use both HLC and HLO with Pathfinder 1e. If you have more than one Game System in HLO, you can switch by selecting the Hero Lab or system logo at the top left of an HLO page and picking Select Game System.

Note that while you can upload characters to Online, you can't bring characters out of Online to use in Classic.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Parody; September 6th, 2023 at 01:27 PM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jeff Wilder

Old September 6th, 2023, 01:28 PM
Thanks so much. That really helps.

Do you happen to know if HLO is usable with Android? I'm getting conflicting info, and my "webpage fatigue" is missing what is probably right in front of my face.

--
Jeff Wilder - San Francisco Bay Area
Currently GMing Pathfinder 1E
And if you bore me, you lose your soul to me. - Belly
Jeff Wilder is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 6th, 2023, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Wilder View Post
Do you happen to know if HLO is usable with Android? I'm getting conflicting info, and my "webpage fatigue" is missing what is probably right in front of my face.
It works fine on my phone, a Pixel 3a with Android 12. I prefer to use it on my Windows tablet for the bigger screen, though.

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote