Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

quistar

Old October 27th, 2023, 09:32 AM
Okay, backing up. I tried a couple of things.

Originally I tried adding the rogue talents under the Class Specials: Class Special Abilities button. That's where I added all the other rogue abilities like sneak attack, evasion, etc. That's where those three items (cAlcRogTal, cRogRogTal, cSklRogTal) were listed. But none of them added the ability on the character sheet.

Going with your suggestion instead now...I went to Custom Abilities. Added the the Count for all even levels. Named it "Rogue Talent." Allow Custom Abilities: added Rogue, Unchained Rogue, and Ninja.

And still "Nothing to choose from!" on the character sheet when I try to select a Rogue Talent.

I seem to need something specific to give that particular ability but I'm not sure where to find it.

- Andrew <:-(}
quistar is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 27th, 2023, 09:40 AM
As you suggested, I selected the second "Rogue" listed, "Unchained Rogue," and "Ninja."

The search I tried further up under "Class" tab, "Class Specials" "Class Special Abilities." That's probably no help but I was looking for options. Every other rogue class ability was there to be added. Why Rogue Talents aren't I don't know. I just need to find the connection to add them.

quistar is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2023, 10:22 AM
I just tested creating a new class, and the only thing I did once it was created was to repeat the steps I listed - the count, the name, and the allowed abilities, and it works - I have many talents to choose from. So there's something else going wrong, or something missing, but there's so many potential things that could cause this that I don't have enough information as to where to look.
Mathias is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 27th, 2023, 10:29 AM
I understand. Some things to consider...

I started with a copy of the wizard class, figuring it would be easier to add the rogue class abilities to it than vice versa.

I had to go to Quaternary Abilities since the first three Custom Abilities were all from the wizard class. I don't think that should make a difference, but it's something to consider.

Did you use a blank class file to do that?

quistar is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 27th, 2023, 10:40 AM
Quaternary is the issue. You'll need some special handling if you want to move abilities designed to go in slot 1 (the Custom abilities) into slot 4 (the quaternary abilities). But then you need to maintain custom abilities as the thing that adds the wizard slot 1 abilities, which are the spell schools, since it sounds like you're making a wizard/rogue gestalt thing that has abilities from both classes.

I apologize, but I don't have enough time today to refresh my memory on how that was set up and figure out exactly what special handling will be needed for this.

Last edited by Mathias; October 27th, 2023 at 10:43 AM.
Mathias is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
quistar

Old October 28th, 2023, 06:47 AM
No apologies necessary. I'm sorry for all the fuss. If it's too much trouble don't worry about it. Thanks for the assistance!

quistar is offline   #16 Reply With Quote