Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Acenoid

Old May 10th, 2019, 03:31 PM
@medriev
maybe you want to - before asking for a full refund - give them a chance to fix / improve the issues that you are having with the content? I think those bought content supports (somehow) updates, so maybe those maplinks and structure issues can be fixed?

Though Iam wondering, if users already bought it and use it happily what would happen if they are suddenly get a new structure after an update ^^

This content market thing is surely a bit complex...

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old May 10th, 2019, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
@medriev
maybe you want to - before asking for a full refund - give them a chance to fix / improve the issues that you are having with the content? I think those bought content supports (somehow) updates, so maybe those maplinks and structure issues can be fixed?

Though Iam wondering, if users already bought it and use it happily what would happen if they are suddenly get a new structure after an update ^^

This content market thing is surely a bit complex...
I don't think they can offer a refund for a digital product, there is no way for them to verify that you actually deleted it. It would be like asking Amazon to refund you for am item but you don't send it back.

His offer of deleting the RealmWorks account would possibly work but you could still run it in offline mode. But I suspect this option would not satisfy him regarding future purchases of HLO/HL.

I think your option of reporting issues and seeing the fixes would be the best route at this time.
Toblakai is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 10th, 2019, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
It would be like asking Amazon to refund you for am item but you don't send it back.
Amazon does this a lot, actually. (As do others using the Amazon platforms.)

ObTopic: Not much to say. I don't own RotR's RW content (though I suppose I could take it from the Kickstarter substitutions) so I don't know what it looks like. Refund discussions are for LWD and Medriev off-forum.

Parody is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old May 10th, 2019, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Amazon does this a lot, actually. (As do others using the Amazon platforms.)

ObTopic: Not much to say. I don't own RotR's RW content (though I suppose I could take it from the Kickstarter substitutions) so I don't know what it looks like. Refund discussions are for LWD and Medriev off-forum.
For a product you didn't like? Or for a product that was physically broken?

Plus Amazon probably was a bad example, they can write off millions of dollars for returns without it affecting their bottom line.

Better example, asking for a refund from Paizo for a PDF. They do not.

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2uo11?refund
Toblakai is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 10th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Quote:
For a product you didn't like? Or for a product that was physically broken?
Either; it could happen with any refund request where a factor (like the shipping cost or item personalization) makes it not worth recovering the item.

Quote:
Plus Amazon probably was a bad example, they can write off millions of dollars for returns without it affecting their bottom line.
True. :)

Parody is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 16th, 2019, 04:12 PM
Quote:
I don't think they can offer a refund for a digital product, there is no way for them to verify that you actually deleted it. It would be like asking Amazon to refund you for am item but you don't send it back.

His offer of deleting the RealmWorks account would possibly work but you could still run it in offline mode. But I suspect this option would not satisfy him regarding future purchases of HLO/HL.

I think your option of reporting issues and seeing the fixes would be the best route at this time.
I have not seen that module, but if the product digital or whatever does not meet the description or so, I would think that you can get your money back. (At least here). But that is not after the company had the option to fix the situation. How one is enforcing this right is another subject.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old May 10th, 2019, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Admittedly, I'm only one voice.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote