Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

dgirolamo

Old July 1st, 2005, 04:27 PM
Chaos Warriors no longer have the option for having a Champion
dgirolamo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
robbiwan

Old July 14th, 2005, 09:13 AM
Hello...

New poster here... just a question about Armor Piercing... specifically when making an Empire roster. I was curious (if it doesn't already exist) some sort of data on the printout for weapons/strengths that have a modifier to an armor save. For example if I take a unit of Haliberds, they add +1 to Strength, which raises the Strength to 4, so for the Haliberd unit, all of their attacks cause -1 armor to their opponents... I was curious if something like this could be put on under the 'Option Footnotes' box.

Thank you in advance, love the program and the datafiles- good job!
robbiwan is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
deathlynx
Volunteer Data File Author

Old July 14th, 2005, 05:27 PM
This would be dependant on the unit getting the halberds...Since armor save mod is dependant on St and it's a fairly basic rule I wouldn't think it need be on the sheets...St 4: -1, St 5: -2, St 6: -3, etc...

More then likely (haven't checked specifically) the halberd is just an item that adds +1 to the St stat...As such it doesn't know what the armor pen would be...That would have to be tied to the stat itself and there isn't a way to make option notes (or footnotes) based directly on a stat...
deathlynx is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
robert
Volunteer Data File Author

Old July 18th, 2005, 02:03 PM
deathlynx is right. you can always work out the armor save modifier from the strength of the unit as modified by whatever weapons it has. strength 3 + halberd is strength 4, -1 armor save

i can see that a new person would like to see the armor save modifier as well but i think after a few games they would get annoyed that it was taking up space :-)
robert is offline   #4 Reply With Quote