Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

wdmartin

Old June 2nd, 2021, 11:15 PM
I'm thinking of implementing the Deadeye Devotee and Thought Thief archetypes. These are official Paizo archetypes that were originally intended for inclusion in Chronicle of Legends, but got cut due to space issues and released as a blog post instead.

The kicker is, they're archetypes for prestige classes, namely Arcane Archer and Arcane Trickster, which is weird. Are there any other prestige class archetypes? I went looking for examples to study and came up blank.

If these are truly the only two prestige class archetypes, it may be simpler just to make whole new classes rather than try to force the archetype system to work with prestige classes. The original prestige classes are from the CRB and aren't marked as non-copyable, so I could just copy those and adjust them appropriately.
wdmartin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wdmartin

Old June 5th, 2021, 02:30 PM
I decided to just go ahead and make them by copying the original classes, removing the bits that get removed, adding the bits that get added, and treating them as a whole new class.

It wasn't super hard. I think everything is working now. Here's a data file. It's named "deadeye-devotee.user", but it actually contains both Deadeye Devotee and Thought Thief.

Hope these are useful to somebody. Let me know if you encounter any bugs in them (which is entirely possible).
Attached Files
File Type: email deadeye-devotee.user (13.7 KB, 9 views)
wdmartin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote