Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

jtnlange

Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:05 AM
Looking to start entering Legend of the 5 Rings 4ed and Millennium's End worlds wondering if there was anyone out there willing to help. Drop me a line

Trevor L.

Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX
jtnlange is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Exmortis

Old April 23rd, 2019, 03:20 AM
Daplunk has some pretty great videos. But if you want some direction I can offer some advice. feel free to PM me and we can even link up online.

Just remember, with RW there is no wrong way, there is no right way, there is just the best way for you. Once you find that, you are off and running.

TIP: DO NOT be afraid to just dig your heels in and start entering data. So far I have not come across any of my early work that could not be "updated" to represent "best way for me" which I developed over a long run. RW is pretty forgiving and you can copy/move/cut/paste/update at will with very few restrictions.

Start here:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56718

Exmortis aka "Scott"
RW - Needs Rez spell
HL - Game Master/Designer
RPG Tools - Campaign Cartographer 3+, D20 Pro Ultimate
Real Life - IT Security
Hobby - Anything on water or ATV

Last edited by Exmortis; April 23rd, 2019 at 03:26 AM.
Exmortis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
grimmster965

Old July 12th, 2019, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnlange View Post
Looking to start entering Legend of the 5 Rings 4ed and Millennium's End worlds wondering if there was anyone out there willing to help. Drop me a line

Trevor L.
When I saw the words Milleniums End I was geeked. I haven't seen anyone want to play that game for years. A truly underrated game. I would love to help but have very little experience with Realm Works even though I've had it for years. I'm just starting to get into it. Trying to create my own fantasy world. As with other newbies to Realm Works it tends to be intimidating and overwhelming but, baby steps......
grimmster965 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
jtnlange

Old July 18th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Well once I get back from Gen Con I am going to jump in I would be happy to share what I am working on and maybe we can collaborate.

Trevor L.

Shadowrun has a different definition of fair than a game like D&D. In D&D fair means not throwing the PC's up against things they can't beat. In Shadowrun fair is if you piss off the dude with the gauss rifle you eat a gauss rifle - ShadowcatX
jtnlange is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MadCartographer

Old June 3rd, 2021, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmster965 View Post
When I saw the words Milleniums End I was geeked. I haven't seen anyone want to play that game for years. A truly underrated game. I would love to help but have very little experience with Realm Works even though I've had it for years. I'm just starting to get into it. Trying to create my own fantasy world. As with other newbies to Realm Works it tends to be intimidating and overwhelming but, baby steps......
The only thing I can offer is start with the World, and work down to continents, countries, cities, buildings etc...

You get the picture, large to small.
MadCartographer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote