Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RedXian

Old February 25th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Using Spaces, you can have multiple desktops which you can move to by using a three fingered left or right swipe on the trackpad.

Should you do this while a tool tip is displayed in Herolab, the tool tip will remain on top until the application is forcibly closed. Further, the tool tip prevents any other action to be taken while it is displayed, meaning that the application can only be closed by a Force Close.

I've also noted that the tool tip disappears briefly when switching between Spaces.
RedXian is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
javadragon

Old February 26th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I am using Pathfinder and added one too many feats to a character. At this point the "No more Feats can be added." text was replaced by the red error text. However, when I deleted the extra feat, the red error text remained. I had to click off the character and back on to have the grey text return.

I was able to reproduce this. Add the extra feat, close the program, reopen the program, red error text there, delete feat, red error text still there.
javadragon is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
egg_green

Old February 26th, 2012, 03:57 PM
The issue with not being able to select items from a dropdown menu is improved, but not completely gone. I can now successfully select an item from the dropdown when I use my scroll wheel to scroll down on the list before selecting an item. However, if I instead use the scrollbar to move down the list, then I can't select an option; if I click on any of the items the list closes but the item is not selected.
egg_green is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
quixoticparadigm

Old February 27th, 2012, 06:43 AM
I am running 6.2 on a Macbook running OS 10.5. Everything works like a dream now (thanks for getting it to work on the older version)! But one thing is HL completely freezes when I try to create potions. It freezes to the point it completely stops responding and I have to 'Force Quit' the program.
quixoticparadigm is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Damo

Old February 29th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Running OS 10.6.8 on a MacBook Pro Core i5

This is so minor, it's not kinda embarassing to log... but everyone else is getting the "big" ones. Upon activation, when selecting which country I'm from I selected "Australia" from the select list. It still said "United States". When I clicked on the select list again, Australia was up the top still and highlighted. I then clicked Australia again, and it appeared as the selected option.

No big deal, but my 2 cents worth as a non-US person.

Cheers for the Beta and great work!
Damo is offline   #145 Reply With Quote
popebabylon

Old March 2nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
Mac OSX 10.6.8 / HL Beta V3.9b

Unavailable drop menu arrow

Repro
- in Editor, had copied a Racial Property to make a new one
- clicked the down arrow for the Attribute selector
- clicked outside the selection drop down to cancel the selection
- clicked the drop down for the Skill selector
- clicked outside the drop down to cancel the selection
!- drop down arrow for Attribute selector has disappeared and clicking the selector has no effect

Switching to another racial property then switching back fixed the issue. Also note that the problem reversed if I started with clicking the Skills selector then went for the Attribute selector. Something about the other drop down covering the arrow of a previously accessed drop down is causing the issue.
popebabylon is offline   #146 Reply With Quote
popebabylon

Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:43 AM
Mac OSX 10.6.8 / HL Beta V3.9b

Not actually sure this is an issue, given that I haven't used the windows version, but if it's not a bug then it's an enhancement request! :-)

- in Editor
- click "New (Copy)"
- system displays "Choose Source Thing" dialog
- hover over any "thing" in the list
- tooltip appears that says "Single click to choose a game system to be loaded; Double click to immediately load selected game system"

That tooltip does not appear relevant to the screen I'm on. Would be far more useful to see the short description of the thing I'm hovering over. Same issue appears when that dialog is used to pick a thing to Bootstrap.
popebabylon is offline   #147 Reply With Quote
popebabylon

Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:39 PM
Mac OSX 10.6.8 / HL Beta V3.9c

Still getting a lot of weirdness around apostrophes.

- sometimes when I copy from a pdf and paste into Hero Lab (i.e. creating a new thing in editor) I get the message that Hero Lab doesn't support foreign characters and the apostrophes are replaced with the question mark symbol

- today I output an HTML statblock from HL and tried to use it in MapTools. One of the apostrophes in the output HTML kept hosing the frame macro option (although other apostrophes in the HTML statblock seemed to work fine).

Obviously not an issue that HL is responsible for, but makes me think the format of the apostrophe is atypical.

I'm not savvy enough to dig up technical details on the fonts/formats being used. Anyone know something I should look at?
popebabylon is offline   #148 Reply With Quote
Cold Iron

Old March 6th, 2012, 08:02 PM
On the Mac Beta, whenever I'm editing a custom magical armor's armor check penalty, Herolab freezes then crashes if not closed out of. It only happens the first time you create a custom magic armor.
Cold Iron is offline   #149 Reply With Quote
Ergon

Old March 7th, 2012, 04:11 AM
Mac OSX 10.6.8 / HL Beta V3.9c

If I "maximise" (green button with "+") the window of the Editor and quit, following time I use HeroLab I don't see anymore the window of the Editor.
I have this problem every time I try it.

To get it back, I changed manually the line
<preference name="Editor State" value="1"/>
to
<preference name="Editor State" value="0"/>.
in the preferences file.

(Maybe there was another easier and cleaner solution)
Ergon is offline   #150 Reply With Quote