Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Ualaa

Old April 10th, 2017, 06:53 PM
That looks very professional.
Good stuff.
Ualaa is offline   #301 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 19th, 2017, 01:44 PM
It seems that Advanced Magical Training doesn't increase SPs, MSB and MSD. Also, for whatever reason I can't figure out, how Prepared Caster can be used. The limit for some reason is 0 for the chosen sphere.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #302 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 19th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Hmm, probably fallout from some timing changes I made recently. More fodder for the 1.19 Stuff To Fix list, then.

Also, I am developing quite a love/hate relationship with the Transformation feat line. Shouting is frequent. Dishes get broken sometimes.
TheIronGolem is offline   #303 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 19th, 2017, 04:31 PM
If you go to the "In-Play" tab...

There is a window below 'Tracked Resources' called 'Activated Abilities'.
Towards the lower end (scroll down, if need be) of 'Activated Abilities', you can set how many spell points are allocated to each sphere of magic.

The default is 0.

Until you allocate some of your spell points (assuming you have the drawback "Prepared Caster") to a given sphere...
The window "Tracked Resources & Abilities" will not let you spend any of your points. So it is stuck at zero.

Once you allocate points towards a sphere, the Tracked Resources window has however many points you have allocated, and you can spend them there.
Ualaa is offline   #304 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 19th, 2017, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Hmm, probably fallout from some timing changes I made recently. More fodder for the 1.19 Stuff To Fix list, then.

Also, I am developing quite a love/hate relationship with the Transformation feat line. Shouting is frequent. Dishes get broken sometimes.
Please be aware that Improved Transformation is using the Alternate version which despite me informing people is still not made the main definition. I also discovered that the feat line isn't compatible with the kitsune's Fox Shape resp. unable to imitate that effect, so expect some errata shortly.

Also, Ualaa, thanks!
EldritchWeaver is offline   #305 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 20th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
Please be aware that Improved Transformation is using the Alternate version which despite me informing people is still not made the main definition. I also discovered that the feat line isn't compatible with the kitsune's Fox Shape resp. unable to imitate that effect, so expect some errata shortly.
I'm not sure I understand either of these points. I haven't gotten to Improved Transformation yet, but I was planning to simply implement both versions and use a prereq to make them mutually exclusive.
TheIronGolem is offline   #306 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 20th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
I'm not sure I understand either of these points. I haven't gotten to Improved Transformation yet, but I was planning to simply implement both versions and use a prereq to make them mutually exclusive.
I've discussed it with the author and the real version is the one under "alternate". It just never got updated correctly. The kitsune issue is that Fox Shape via Improved Transformation requires a different basic shape (Animalistic Transformation), but that slot is filled with Anthropomorphic Transformation already. I expect that the errata will require a change for Improved Transformation.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #307 Reply With Quote
Grovestrider

Old April 20th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
I've discussed it with the author and the real version is the one under "alternate". It just never got updated correctly.
I expect that the errata will require a change for Improved Transformation.
Even still, I am sure there are players who would appreciate having both versions of Improved Transformation available.
Grovestrider is offline   #308 Reply With Quote
EldritchWeaver

Old April 20th, 2017, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovestrider View Post
Even still, I am sure there are players who would appreciate having both versions of Improved Transformation available.
The correct version should be a strict superset of the old one. Instead of taking more versions of IT, you take EMT, if you still need to use feats.
EldritchWeaver is offline   #309 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old April 20th, 2017, 01:44 PM
I'll have to verify this independently, but if it's true that having two variants of the feat is a printing error then I will only put in the officially-correct one. I might, however, see if I can feasibly implement a houserule option to make it work the "wrong" way.
TheIronGolem is offline   #310 Reply With Quote