Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TRO1984

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Is there a way to rescan the whole campaign for links? Or do I need to do it to each article?

Am I just missing it?
TRO1984 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old March 29th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I was just coming here to post the same question...

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?
lifer4700 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 30th, 2014, 10:51 AM
This is something that's on the todo list, but it's not in place yet. There are actually some technically challenging aspects to this that we didn't anticipate when we first looked at adding this capability, so we held off on it.

The best way to avoid needing this feature is to create your topics before you need to link to them. To that end, there is the Quick Create mechanism, which is accessed via the <ctrl+Q> keyboard shortcut. Let's say that you're entering a topic about Fred and you find yourself typing in a snippet about his best friend Barney. Before you save anything, press <ctrl+Q>, which will prompt you to create a topic for Barney. Once Barney is created, you're right back where you were with Fred. Now you type in a snippet about Fred's wife Wilma, so you use <ctrl+Q> to create Wilma. Then you save your changes to Fred. At this point, both Barney and Wilma are created, so they are automatically detected and links to them are created.

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old March 30th, 2014, 11:24 AM
I love you, man!

But where were you 40+ Places and People ago, when I was fighting with the Chicken/Egg problem of shops and owners!

j/k That's going to help quite a bit from here on out!
lifer4700 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ragnaroktog

Old March 31st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This is something that's on the todo list, but it's not in place yet. There are actually some technically challenging aspects to this that we didn't anticipate when we first looked at adding this capability, so we held off on it.

The best way to avoid needing this feature is to create your topics before you need to link to them. To that end, there is the Quick Create mechanism, which is accessed via the <ctrl+Q> keyboard shortcut. Let's say that you're entering a topic about Fred and you find yourself typing in a snippet about his best friend Barney. Before you save anything, press <ctrl+Q>, which will prompt you to create a topic for Barney. Once Barney is created, you're right back where you were with Fred. Now you type in a snippet about Fred's wife Wilma, so you use <ctrl+Q> to create Wilma. Then you save your changes to Fred. At this point, both Barney and Wilma are created, so they are automatically detected and links to them are created.

Hope this helps!
This is actually an extremely useful info to have. I've also been struggling with all of this, realizing as I write intros or descriptions that I don't have that info available yet.

I suppose reading a manual or something would have made too much sense...

Thanks!
ragnaroktog is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TRO1984

Old March 31st, 2014, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post

Hope this helps!
It does. Thank you.
TRO1984 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote