Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old April 20th, 2019, 09:00 AM
The 1.0 Content sharing guidelines answered most of the questions I'm having about setting up stuff for sharing but I'm running into a problem with Savage I was going to start doing entry for some of the Savage Worlds stuff I have and was wondering about this since if I do RW entry for any modules I bought I was going to set them up to conform with th content sharing guidelines.Worlds Stablocks/Hero Lab portfolios for Realm Works.

Many Savage Worlds NPCs & creatures have unique abilities that aren't in any dataset modules and this is causing a problem when trying to set up a Herolab portfolio as those modules weren't concerned about if a specific NPC or creature didn't have a special ability that only it has in the dataset for Hero Lab.

The datasets were just focused on making PCs and NPCs and not on any special cases for just one "entity" of that setting.

Modifing the HL dataset for that setting would resolve it, but doing so makes you need to make the modified dataset available, but that also opens up other problems too.

So how do you do entry when you run into this of a Hero Lab portfolio/Statblock for Realm Works?
Jay_NOLA is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old April 22nd, 2019, 08:27 AM
Quick addition to clarify what I'm talking about these are Monstrous Abilities, Edges, Hinderances that are unique to a certain creature and that aren't in any data files.

The only data fles for Savage World that don't have this in regards to creatures are the ones in the Core book and the companions. The setting add onns for HL have this problem so the HL protfolio isn't a good option for certain NPCs and Creatures that have these. So what is the guideline .

Also, a few SW stuff I have is dual stated for Savage Worlds and D20 so what do you create the realm as, etc. if you have a dual stated product.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #2 Reply With Quote