Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa

Old September 23rd, 2023, 07:23 AM
Pathfinder 1E includes a feature where middle-aged characters receive a -2 to all physical and +2 to all mental ability scores. Two additional age tiers further penalize physical ability scores but do not benefit mental ability scores.

I don't see any way to apply these modifications in Hero Lab Online. The best I can do is manually apply them, suppress validation warnings, and try to remember that I did it. This is especially klunky with a point-buy system because Hero Lab Online doesn't know why I'm marking ability scores higher or lower and changes the point buy costs for them.

I suggest that this could be easily handled with three templates, in this case acquired templates, that adjust ability scores. The templates should be mutually exclusive (for example, a character should not be both middle-aged and venerable).

Of course, I could be missing something. I'd be happy to hear if an option already exists!
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old September 23rd, 2023, 06:21 PM
Adjustments, Permanent Adjustments, Age Effects?

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa

Old September 24th, 2023, 05:44 AM
Oh my goodness, I never knew that existed. I even looked in Permanent Adjustments but I searched by things like "venerable", not simply for "age". Big giant facepalm. Thank you!
WeAreNotTwoGoblinsInACloa is offline   #3 Reply With Quote