Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

jasharen

Send a message via Skype™ to jasharen

Old August 19th, 2023, 01:01 PM
Hello,
I'd like to replace a witch class ability using an archtype.

Specifically I have a custom archtype for Witch, and I want to replace Cackle. I've done some searching but am not having much luck on finding how to tell the editor to replace Cackle with my own version.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
jasharen is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old August 21st, 2023, 05:02 AM
The Archetype has the option to remove class specials. Use this to remove the old Cackle, then simply bootstrap the new version to the archetype. This should replace the old Cackle with the new.
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2023, 07:23 AM
It's been too long since I've played 1st edition - is cackle a permanent part of the witch class, or something you have the option of choosing? I thought I remembered the latter, but the question seems to be implying the former, because if it's just a choice, then you just create the new one, and let the user choose either the old or new version.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 21st, 2023, 07:39 AM
Cackle is a Hex, something you'd choose. (FWIW)

Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 21st, 2023, 08:13 AM
Ok, in that case, when you say "replace" do you mean that if you take this archetype, then you must take this new version of cackle, but cannot take the original (or may take either, as long as you've taken this archetype)?

Or do you mean that your GM has house ruled the cackle hex to change how it works, and all witches must use the new version (and the archetype is your first thought on how to patch this new option into the existing class).
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote