Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Exitilus

Old June 10th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOlsen View Post
I did a search for this bug before reporting it. It looks like someone mentioned it in passing around May 20th, but the language in that report is not very specific. The poster says the language conforms to 3.5 rules and not Pathfinder.

I'm going to report it again (not that it was neglected, I imagine the team is very busy with the ARG), but rather because I want to be very specific.

Sorcerers can use the Quicken Feat normally. It is an exception to the Full Round Action rule for metamagic feats used by sorcerers.

These are images from HeroLabs and from Paizo's official PRD, which I submit as proof. I guess you could say the emphasis is mine.
That is odd. Mine is 100% Correct and does not reflect anything you showed O.o. Mine has no restrictions regarding Sorcerers and the text is even different?
Exitilus is offline   #261 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
But instead, I get an error message indicating that I should not have taken this option for an additional 1st level spell (at level 5), HL gives me only 3 "Activated Abilities" on the In Play tab (there should be 4), and HL gives me only 5 1st level spells.
Its not telling you made a Pathfinder Rules mistake its telling you you made a Hero Lab setup mistake. You picked the SAME 1st Level Spell FC twice. You have to pick a Unique One each time.

See the picture I attached to this post and you can see there is two different "+1 Spell Known: 1" Things in the list. You must select each one ONCE. If I selected the same one twice I get the error you mention.

Give that a try and see if your error goes away cause once I did I get the exact number of spells Known as you pointed out in your post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (36.0 KB, 9 views)

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #262 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old June 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Its not telling you made a Pathfinder Rules mistake its telling you you made a Hero Lab setup mistake. You picked the SAME 1st Level Spell FC twice. You have to pick a Unique One each time.

See the picture I attached to this post and you can see there is two different "+1 Spell Known: 1" Things in the list. You must select each one ONCE. If I selected the same one twice I get the error you mention.

Give that a try and see if your error goes away cause once I did I get the exact number of spells Known as you pointed out in your post.
And there it is! Man, of all the things I've tried in HL, this is by FAR the most confusing! In this case, I was not working it correctly because logic says that since added character levels increase from bottom to top, so should the added alternate class abilities and the activated abilities on the In Play tab. Once I started working those from top to bottom (opposite the way the character levels increase) it worked fine.

Thanks (onec again!) SC!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #263 Reply With Quote
Kiteran

Old June 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I am aware that the crossblooded Sorcerer has been a problem for a long time. The problem being that Hero Labs gives you both bloodline spells rather than having you select the spell of your choosing at the appropriate levels.

Could an easy fix be to allow the user to remove bloodline spells in the same way you can remove relected spells (clicking the small x button next to the spell name). At least in this way it will not show up when printed.

Thoughts?
Kiteran is offline   #264 Reply With Quote
harmor

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I purchased a medium Manacles, masterwork and then a small-sized Manacles, masterwork yet:

1. There's no indicator that the small-sized Manacles are small
2. There's no correction on the weight of the item (should be 0.5 lbs. instead of 2 lbs.???)

The work around was to create a -Custom Gear- like this:

Last edited by harmor; June 10th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
harmor is offline   #265 Reply With Quote
JimGroves

Old June 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitilus View Post
That is odd. Mine is 100% Correct and does not reflect anything you showed O.o. Mine has no restrictions regarding Sorcerers and the text is even different?

Double weird. I am using 6.17 and the latest HeroLab version. I checked the options and I have no 3.5 content enabled (though I do own 3.5 as an old dataset).

I can't account for it. Maybe I should post a .por file and someone can take a look at why it comes up like that?
JimGroves is offline   #266 Reply With Quote
blzbob
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 10th, 2012, 08:27 PM
For some reason Sleight of Hand isn't showing up on the Output Hero Statblock. It shows up on the character sheet but not on the stat block.
blzbob is offline   #267 Reply With Quote
kinevon

Old June 10th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blzbob View Post
For some reason Sleight of Hand isn't showing up on the Output Hero Statblock. It shows up on the character sheet but not on the stat block.
First question: Do you have any ranks in it?
As a trained-only skill, there is a chance that it won't show up if untrained, and you have the checkbox that controls whether trained-only kills show up when untrained... Usable skills only or something like that.
kinevon is offline   #268 Reply With Quote
TemporalVengeance

Old June 11th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I think something went wrong in today's update to HeroLabs Pathfinder. Ever since it updated, I keep getting the error:
Quote:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:
Thing 'arMPWldLd' - Bootstrap thing 'cS20WildEm' does not exist.
TemporalVengeance is offline   #269 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalVengeance View Post
I think something went wrong in today's update to HeroLabs Pathfinder. Ever since it updated, I keep getting the error:
What user-created content do you have? Neither of those Ids is content that we've created.
Mathias is offline   #270 Reply With Quote