Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Rev Haus 235

Send a message via AIM to Rev Haus 235 Send a message via Yahoo to Rev Haus 235

Old February 4th, 2013, 07:13 PM
I have several questions regarding sharing files.

The first one is how do I share the .user files that I make with my friends who also have Hero Labs so that they can use and/or have access to the stuff that I make?

How do I properly share my character portfolio with my friends (specifically the GM who is running our game) who also have Hero Labs?

While I am playing a D&D d20 3.5 game, it is a variant that was published by another company and it is not supported by Lone Wolf and their licensing agreements. This basically leaves my friends and I to try and create all of the content that is for this setting on our own. Is it acceptable to try and use this forum to try and find other people who are playing in the same setting who may wish to trade files with us in order to get all the stuff we need to fill out that setting in Hero Labs? I'm honestly just trying to be respectful, and not get anyone in trouble with licensing agreements and the like.

Thank you for any and all help in these matters.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 5th, 2013, 04:51 AM
I don't see any reason why you can't reach out to others on user projects such as what you are talking about. In fact, there is a User Project forum specifically for stuff like that. You might consider perusing it to see what others are doing, and see how it applies to what you are doing.

As for sharing, its fairly simple. If you aren't familiar with where the data files are stored for your game system, you can find it in the HL menu; go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Game System Data Folder. Once there, simply take the new files you have created and send them to your friends. Have them put the files in the same place and launch HL or re-compile if its already open.

For portfolios, you can do the same thing (but go to User Data Folder instead to find the Portfolios folder).
Sendric is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rev Haus 235

Send a message via AIM to Rev Haus 235 Send a message via Yahoo to Rev Haus 235

Old February 5th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Roger that. Thank you for your help.
I thought it better to ask than to just assume.
Rev Haus 235 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 6th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Haus 235 View Post
Roger that. Thank you for your help.
I thought it better to ask than to just assume.
Can't hurt to ask first.
Sendric is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Krimson

Send a message via MSN to Krimson Send a message via Yahoo to Krimson Send a message via Skype™ to Krimson

Old February 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Has far as .por files of characters, I save everything to Dropbox so when I need to share a character, I just give out the link.
Krimson is offline   #5 Reply With Quote