Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntin View Post
The monster races Drow and Drow Noble both give the "Elven Magic" trait that normal Elves possess where the bestiary entry does not.
Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntin View Post
I also made a character with the vampire template ending with a +11 dex modifer, on the character sheet it is calculated as a +1 dex modifer.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. Could you specify exactly where you're seeing that a +1 is used in the calculations, and give me more details about the character (like worn armor)?

You might also want to check the character's weight - is he heavily encumbered? That imposes a Max DEX of +1, independant of any worn armor.
Mathias is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScryingEye View Post
Spell Make Whole is missing for my Sorcerer.
Mathias is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damiani View Post
Howdy.

Great product and thanks for the support of Pathfinder.

I have a 2nd level Summoner whose Biped Slam attack is taking the "improved damage (slam)" evolution.

However, your software seems to make her improved damage as if it were turning into a "large" creature versus just increasing the damage value up a rank/class.

I am fairly sure that it should go from 1d8 to 1d10 versus 1d8 to 2d6.

Could you advise if this is an issue or not? Thanks!
Bestiary, pg. 315 - the improved natural attack feat lists the progression of damage dice as "1d2, 1d3, 1d4, 1d6, 1d8, 2d6...".
Mathias is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
Created a 7th level Cavalier and took the 'Practiced Tactician' feat twice. On the 'In-Play' tab it still registers 2 uses per day; he should get 4.
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I added 7 levels of Cavalier and 2 copies of the Practiced Tactician feat to a blank character, and the character has 4 uses/day of Tactician. Could you tell me more about the character? (I'd normally ask about Order, feats, race, etc., but I can't think of anything else that is supposed to alter tactician)
Mathias is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.DiGriz View Post
HL is not applying feats such as Weapon Focus: Claw and Improved Natural Attack: Claw to Rake attacks.

ETA: Rake really shouldn't be shown as a separate "weapon" anyway, as it's not a natural attack per se but rather an extraordinary ability that grants additional claw attacks in certain situations. However, if you're going to show it in the weapons list anyway--for ease of reference or as a handy reminder, perhaps--then it should have exactly the same attack and damage statistics as the creature's regular claw attacks.
Tying the rake to the attack it came from so that it can share damage and feats is on my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rithralas View Post
There is a Qadira trait that allows you to pick a spell and forever cast that spell at +1 caster level...I don't think that the software is adding +1 to the save DC of same. I'm under the assumption that it should....I could be mistaken.
What's the name of the trait you're asking about? The closest one I can find is Eastern Mysteries, but that trait chooses the spell as you cast it, and can be applied to a different spell with each use.
Mathias is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.DiGriz View Post
The info text for the spell Animal Growth says "One animal/two levels doubles in size". According to the PRD the spell affects one animal, not 1 per 2 levels.
Mathias is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm afraid I can't duplicate this. I added 7 levels of Cavalier and 2 copies of the Practiced Tactician feat to a blank character, and the character has 4 uses/day of Tactician. Could you tell me more about the character? (I'd normally ask about Order, feats, race, etc., but I can't think of anything else that is supposed to alter tactician)
Hmmm. With this prompt I reconfigured the character, deselecting all of my custom sources. It now reads 4 uses per day. Now if only I knew enough about programming (and had the time) do track down what I did in my user files that disables the feat . . .

OK, not a bug with the HL program but with my user files! Never mind.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 14th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthWanderer View Post
I just created a first-level gnome Wizard. I gave him a large crossbow and equipped it in both hands. In Hero Lab, his to-hit bonus with the crossbow is +2, as it should be (+1 size, +1 dex). However, on the Print Preview, it shows his attack bonus as -2. The portfolio is attached.
Just below the "Ranged" line in the weapon's stats is the "Ranged, Two Hands" line that shows the +2 it would be if equipped in both hands. The printout shows both options for how a character might use that weapon during the game.
Mathias is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Rithralas

Old October 14th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
What's the name of the trait you're asking about? The closest one I can find is Eastern Mysteries, but that trait chooses the spell as you cast it, and can be applied to a different spell with each use.
The trait is Gifted Adept:

Your interest in magic was inspired by
witnessing a spell being cast in a particularly dramatic
method, perhaps even one that affected you physically
or spiritually. This early exposure to magic has made it
easier for you to work similar magic on your own. Pick
one spell when you choose this trait—from this point
on, whenever you cast that spell, its effects manifest at
+1 caster level.

My interpretation was that it would increase the save DC as well the "effect". Maybe I am mistaken? It's debatable.
Rithralas is offline   #40 Reply With Quote