Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Techgnosis

Old October 24th, 2017, 03:27 AM
Ungh, so I am already missing the ease of use we used to have with Dropbox. I went to use my HL today and found all my characters had vanished due to Dropbox support being semi-dropped. I was expecting that so I went to import the character I was going to use and navigated to the folder where my character was (\Dropbox\Apps\Hero Lab\pathfinder) which listed all my files,... except everything was greyed out and I couldnt click on anything to import it.

I did manage to import it, by instead going into my Dropbox on my iPad and clicking on the por file I wanted, clicking on the file menu (top right corner) and selecting Export > Open In > Copy to Hero Lab.

To move it back to Dropbox from Hero Lab I clicked on the Statblock button (top right corner of HL) and selected Share Portfolio > Save to Dropbox > Navigated back to the saved files path and clicked Save.

Is this really the way its supposed to work now, or am I missing something. If so why does the Import Portfolio button even exist in HL anymore? If not what am I doing wrong.

Have I mentioned I miss the old functionality. One of the draws of HL was ease of use. This is no longer easy to use. The first time I forget to sync it back and forth I am going to end up with conflicting copies and my characters will turn into a mess.

Last edited by Techgnosis; October 24th, 2017 at 09:31 AM.
Techgnosis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Techgnosis

Old October 24th, 2017, 09:25 AM
Seems I cant delete a post,... whee, dont mind me.

Last edited by Techgnosis; October 24th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.
Techgnosis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote